Making a track toy - E30 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vlad View Post
    s50b30 or s50b32 ? Good luck on the project, it's going to be quick ;)
    It´s a s50b32 with an ASA supercharger. Here is a pic of the engine in a stillborn e36 racecar:

I sure hope it will be quick and alot of fun
    Thordur

1999 E39 M5 Twin Supercharged
    1989 E30 M3 with S85

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
      He's actually pretty cool...

You will find out who the real pricks are in no time!
      Well - he has a strange way of showing it.

Maybe he´s just having a bad day. I´ll just ignore his post & give him a chance.
      Thordur

1989 E30 M3 with S85

Comment

He was joking

I thought the euro motors didnt like boost? What numbers can you expect? 350whp?

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
        You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Originally posted by madjurgen View Post
          He was joking

I thought the euro motors didnt like boost? What numbers can you expect? 350whp?
          If so - thats good :)

This motor was prepped by AC Schnitzer - different pistons & some more stuff - need to get better info.

Its in the 450-500hp range (crank).
          Thordur

1989 E30 M3 with S85

Comment

He siad you suck because you have awsome cars.

Speeking of which, I almost fell off my chair at the sight of the e39 m5. I love thoes cars and yours is way past badass. Well done.
            Originally posted by cabriodster87
            "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
            Originally posted by Kershaw
            i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Awesome looking cars man!

Ignore these forum kiddies giving you shit. One day they'll have to move out of home and start having to pay for fuel for their eta's by themselves.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
              RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

i cant find any good examples of white e30 m3s for sale here in the state, and you got to pick from 3?? yeah, im jealous...

Comment

nice, but I really dont understand why you would go all the way to germany to pick up a great all orig. car, to ship it to you to rape it. I am no S14 extremist, but if you are changing the brakes, and pulling the heart (THAT GIVES THE CAR ITS HERITAGE-the reason you want an M3?????), why not pull apart a reg e30 with fiberglass M3 looks- it would be cheaper.

I am not knocking you, I think the car will be incredible- just trying to discuss.

BTW, where in germany did you buy the car?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                    nice, but I really dont understand why you would go all the way to germany to pick up a great all orig. car, to ship it to you to rape it. I am no S14 extremist, but if you are changing the brakes, and pulling the heart (THAT GIVES THE CAR ITS HERITAGE-the reason you want an M3?????), why not pull apart a reg e30 with fiberglass M3 looks- it would be cheaper.

I am not knocking you, I think the car will be incredible- just trying to discuss.

This isn't knocking?

Not trying to be a dick Mike, but i'd be happy people were increasing the value of your car.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                    RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Just keep your S14 laying around in mothballs. That motor is what gives that car it's heritage, without it it's an E30 with some extreme fender rolling. Or...buy a car that has a long lost S14. Quit taking the child away from it's mother. Someday you'll want to stuff it back in.

Oh and when George Graves said you suck he was being sarcastic. The translation is= Wow! That car is really fucking awesome! I wish I had it.

And this board has more than one resident asshole.
                      Last edited by Fanzotti; 02-04-2007, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I am happy, and in the end, my car is far from stock also.

I was just stating what he actually did, not in a negative way, but he did go to germany- he did buy an all orig. car, and he is going to strip it out. right???

Once again, I am not trying to be negative( I think too many people here take me as being negative) just wanting to have an interesting discussion over why. cause I dont really understand it... just like alot of people dont understand why I do what I do
                        maybe it does sound harsh the way I typed it out, but I wasnt trying to be an ass.

Comment

Awesome, I LOVE that m5...it's my fave bmw of all times...and get rid of that dinky s14 for the s50 quick! You are still putting a great motor in, so I don't what the big deal is !
                          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post

Haha, your definition of rape is in my view improving the car. Whatever.

To be able to drive on the Ring you have to have a registered and insured car. That is why I shipped it to Iceland - it´s now registered to me and insured. Now it will be shipped back to Germany to a shop that will do the install/rape. The shop is run by an ex DTM racer that raced E30 M3's.

I bought the car in Öhringen-Kappel, it´s just north of Stuttgart. At the time of purchase it could not be registered in Germany - was only for export or motorsport (without registration). And also - the car is not 100% original - was originally black and also has an aftermarket Recaro seat. So it was already raped. ;-)
                            Thordur

1989 E30 M3 with S85

Comment

Thanks for the compliments on the M5 guys.

It is such a beast :)

Here you can see a clip that shows acceleration from 100-200 km/h
                              in 7 seconds (low quality cameraphone video):

Thordur

1989 E30 M3 with S85

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer View Post
                                It´s a s50b32 with an ASA supercharger. Here is a pic of the engine in a stillborn e36 racecar:

I sure hope it will be quick and alot of fun
                                I sure hope that supercharger will fit into the e30 engine bay, the way you have it pictured in the e36 bay, it will never fit

Comment

Working...
                                X