Making a track toy - E30 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vlad View Post
    I sure hope that supercharger will fit into the e30 engine bay, the way you have it pictured in the e36 bay, it will never fit
    It fits :)

More pics here: http://wp1016621.wp027.webpack.hoste...600/f01600.htm
    Thordur

1999 E39 M5 Twin Supercharged
    1989 E30 M3 with S85

Comment

incredible

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Congrats on the purchase! Never mind the S14 purists, they bring a good point and a wealth of knowledge, but for some reason refuse to think outside the box. You sound like you know where you plan to start and the finished result, and what to do to get there.

I say swap all the motors you want. Give it 3-4 decades and I bet we will be off fossil fuels anyhow. If you want to run a $18.00 / gallon fossil fuel rig it will be at a private track. Or at least if we are running a fossil derivative it won't be worth trying to run in a S14.

Anyhow, looks like fun!

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

I love the pics, the car looks great. Do BBS LMs grow on trees out there?

Comment

Isn't that motor right there an s38?
            Originally posted by cabriodster87
            "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
            Originally posted by Kershaw
            i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike325 View Post
              Isn't that motor right there an s38?
              Nope. Euro S50. S38's have a flat valve cover like a stretched S14. Similar (sort of) intake mani too.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Originally posted by chucko View Post
                I love the pics, the car looks great. Do BBS LMs grow on trees out there?
                Yes there is a BBS forest just northwest of Munich

I really like the BBS LM wheels but they are expensive and I´d always be afraid to damage them on the track. Maybe I´ll get a set later to use on
                the road (if they will clear the Massive brakes I´m thinking about getting).

As for now I will most likely get Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels in
                white or black.

PS. Just to be clear - the car with the LM´s and all the blue hoses is not mine.
                Thordur

1999 E39 M5 Twin Supercharged
                1989 E30 M3 with S85

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
                  Give it 3-4 decades and I bet we will be off fossil fuels anyhow. If you want to run a $18.00 / gallon fossil fuel rig it will be at a private track. Or at least if we are running a fossil derivative it won't be worth trying to run in a S14.

one of the stupidest things Ive read on r3v.

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
                  You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

lol

Theres a fossil fuel discussion somewhere... I don't have much to add except that I seriously doubt we will be without it in any of our lifetimes.
                    '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

No shit. Even if youre 15(:roll:), you'll still be filling up at the GAS station the day you die.
                      Last edited by madjurgen; 02-04-2007, 11:54 AM.

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
                      You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Originally posted by madjurgen View Post
                        No shit. It was started by the same moron.
                        Relax the attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer View Post
                          Do you think he could have found a SMALLER air filter?

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

I would do that with an E30, but not an E30 M3, looks like fun though, its just its going to get damaged and when it does I would rather it not be an M3.

Comment

Man thts awesome! i agree on the small air filter point
                              sigpic340hp V8 e30 FINISHED!!!!!
                              Quick vid for ya ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp5Eaf8xOgM
                              NEW One on the track :)
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-AX5SzSLnk
                              Cleaning up some 911s and Jap turbos
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad79wsLdle4

Comment

your m5 looks bad ass - nice job
                                PNW Crew
                                90 m3
                                06 m5

Comment

Working...
                                X