Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[WTS]Finally a solution to those missing BBS hubcaps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
    Payment sent. I will update everyone when I get them.
    Nice! Have received it. Will update on shipping status after I send it out!

Comment

How difficult it is to remove it? Can you just pull it out with a good grip or need to pry it out?

Looked closely at your pictures and it appears the cap is slightly different from my. I don't see how this will work on my 14" basketweave caps. The adapter seem reduces the size of the bore where the cap locks.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	pic4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	7198264
      Last edited by dsphil; 11-13-2018, 02:19 PM. Reason: looked closely.
      sigpic
      327is
      325es
      325es
      318is
      Fiesta ST
      E46 M3

Comment

dsphil the insert is designed so you can use the other bbs center cap locking mechanism. You can't use you original caps. The center cap design that this insert works for are fairly cheap.

I have ordered the above centers that are used for his insert. And I plan to take apart my original center caps and combine the new ones and I will post if it works when I get everything.
        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by dsphil View Post
          How difficult it is to remove it? Can you just pull it out with a good grip or need to pry it out?

Looked closely at your pictures and it appears the cap is slightly different from my. I don't see how this will work on my 14" basketweave caps. The adapter seem reduces the size of the bore where the cap locks.
          [ATTACH]124396[/ATTACH]
          dsphil the insert is designed so you can use the other bbs center cap locking mechanism. You can't use you original caps. The center cap design that this insert works for are fairly cheap.

I have ordered the above centers that are used for his insert. And I plan to take apart my original center caps and combine the new ones and I will post if it works when I get everything.
          Just to clarify, I believe that you'll also need the corresponding BBS RZ waffles. Basketweave waffles, which are also the same ones used on RS001's have a smaller center bore. RZ waffles have a larger bore to accommodate the locking mechanism. Both waffles have the same overall diameter though.
          I'll check on this later tonight, I'm sure I have RZ waffles somewhere at home.

Basketweave Waffles

RZ Waffles
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dsphil View Post

[ATTACH]124396[/ATTACH]
            Hi dsphil, as explained by rzerob, this adapter allows you to replace your existing hubcaps with these (imho) better hubcaps with an improved locking mechanism shown below:

Name:	IMG_4347.jpg
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	7198271

These clamp on to the outer rim of the hub. While the hubcaps clamp onto the inner rim of the hub.

The adapters are press fit, so it won't come loose until your press/knock it out from the other side.

Hope these answers your queries.

Comment

You actually will need the matching waffles to go with the the hex centres you ordered. That seller also sells a set complete with waffles for $20 more. You will need the logo insert from your existing cap though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
                Just to clarify, I believe that you'll also need the corresponding BBS RZ waffles. Basketweave waffles, which are also the same ones used on RS001's have a smaller center bore. RZ waffles have a larger bore to accommodate the locking mechanism. Both waffles have the same overall diameter though.
                I'll check on this later tonight, I'm sure I have RZ waffles somewhere at home.

Basketweave Waffles

RZ Waffles
                Thanks for clarifying! My adapters require the waffle which has a notch on the inner lip, I can dissect both types to demonstrate the difference when I get back later.

Ps. You should already know but for those who are unaware, the silver waffle is for 14", while the gold waffle is for 15/16".

Comment

Originally posted by Raja_Mongkut View Post
                  You actually will need the matching waffles to go with the the hex centres you ordered. That seller also sells a set complete with waffles for $20 more. You will need the logo insert from your existing cap though.
                  I planned on experimenting by cutting one of my center cap plates and seeing if I could get them to work.

Comment

I planned on experimenting by cutting one of my center cap plates and seeing if I could get them to work.
                    As promised here are the side-by-side comparison of the two waffles. I shall say it right off the bat that you'll have great success modifying your current waffle to fit the new locking mechanism, but IMHO it's not worth sacrificing a waffle which can be had new for only $5 apiece currently. But that's just my 2 cents.

Name:	IMG_20181115_002549.jpg
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	7198274

Here they are sitting on top of each other. So all you need to do is remove the inner rim and slightly enlarge the notch and you're all set. But I still feel it's a waste of a good waffle.

Name:	IMG_20181115_002640.jpg
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	7198275

Comment

Just an update that these are ready to ship out! Will deliver them tomorrow and update you with a tracking number.

Name:	IMG_20181115_202842.jpg
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	7198283

Comment

Nice, I have a spare set of 16” RZ/RG caps (waffle p/n 09 23 137). I compared them to my euroweave caps, and the waffles are the same size. So, I’ll probably get these adapters so I can use them with my euroweaves.

Euroweave cap on top, RZ/RG cap on bottom

sigpic
                        January 2012 COTM

Comment

IMHO it's not worth sacrificing a waffle which can be had new for only $5 apiece currently. But that's just my 2 cents.
                          [ATTACH]124409[/ATTACH]
                          If you tell me where I can buy the waffles for $5 a piece I will consider going in that direction but I can't find them for less than $20 a piece.

Comment

Originally posted by robrez View Post
                            Nice, I have a spare set of 16” RZ/RG caps (waffle p/n 09 23 137). I compared them to my euroweave caps, and the waffles are the same size. So, I’ll probably get these adapters so I can use them with my euroweaves.

Euroweave cap on top, RZ/RG cap on bottom

Nice! Those hub caps are the exact that fit this adapter, and they work for the 14" too! Looking forward to your order!

Comment

If you tell me where I can buy the waffles for $5 a piece I will consider going in that direction but I can't find them for less than $20 a piece.
                              He was selling them together with the centres but i believe the price has increased as these caps are no longer in production. But still much cheaper than Euroweave caps and last longer, so still worth the money i guess!

Comment

He was selling them together with the centres but i believe the price has increased as these caps are no longer in production. But still much cheaper than Euroweave caps and last longer, so still worth the money i guess!
                                I talked to him and the waffles alone are $100 plus shipping. I am going to try and modify my waffles first.

Comment

Working...
                                X