No announcement yet.

Raceland Long Tube Header Clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had this same issue with akg engine mounts, raceland longtube headers hitting the sway bar.

With the eBay headers I had no clearance issues as the header collectors merge much sooner than on raceland supersprint copies.

I bought the sway bar spacers, and a h&r sway bar. Interestingly the bigger sway bar have a few more mm clearance as the design of it is diliberate to ensure no fitment issues on stock set up.

Once installing the sway bar spacers and h&r sway bar it still touched the downpipe. Took it to a local fabrication shop that was able to modify the downpipe to clear.

In the pics you can see it touching and then the modification to the downpipe to clear.

To be honest for all the effort required, I wouldn't have put these raceland headers in. After Dyno I made more top end power at the loss for mid range torque compared to eBay headers. For street use I'd rather have more mid range torque.

As the raceland headers are more free flowing, they sound more quieter compared to eBay headers.

Comparing raceland header to euro s50 headers, I can confirm they the inner diameter of both the exhaust ports and primaries are a few mm bigger...

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Picture of clearance...

Comment

It looks dope af! i ve made a post some weeks ago asking for opinions about ebay headers! can u tell me more infos and if available the link for headers?? thanks m8!
        Instagram

Comment

I don't have a specific link for the eBay headers, but they are all similar if not the same. Quality is not too bad touch wood.

Raceland longtube headers are surprisingly good quality, and much bigger than the eBay versions. The drop in mid range torque was to be expected with a more free flowing header and if you have a aftermarket ecu, a good tuner can make up for some of the losses. I gained and additional 11rwhp compared to eBay headers with racelands.

I also have a set of euro headers to compare against the benchmark. In these photos I compare the euro Vs raceland supersprint euro copies, with racelands being bigger everywhere by a few mm.

Comment

Thanks for infos buddy,you really helped me! Right now i have the stock cast headers with everything else also stock! so i would love something plug n play,dont want to mess with tuners because its a daily driven car,so want to keep it simple... do u think that ebay headers worth the money? (they are dirty cheap)....
            Instagram

Comment

You can't go wrong with eBay headers, they are cheap as chips. Hopefully you get a set that don't need any refinement to fit.

Comment

Working...
              X