Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    Damn thats a really nice scan as well.

I've been on the lookout for an Olympus 35SP for a nice 'pocket' rangefinder.

Played a bit more with my 10 stop since it got above 20...
    _SRC7214 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    _SRC7207 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    Dark NDs are fun.

Anyone try to shoot comeet 46P/Wirtanen? I've gone looking a couple times, but there has been too much high marine layer to see it.
    Choose tonight or another date and see which planets are shining in the sky above you or anywhere else.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

I wanted to shoot some of the comets and meteor showers but its been cloudy all winter.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

While I was back in Maryland for Christmas, I had a buddy bring his foxbody out for me to shoot for a few bucks. I think I had six paid shoots in 2018 and would love to keep that going for 2019.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

^Nice shots. That foxbody looks very, very fast.

Question (with context) for all in this thread:

I recently got back into photography, largely inspired by a few past and upcoming trips to neat places. The next trip is to South Africa where you don’t necessarily want to broadcast that you’re carrying a nice camera or much else of value (per friend’s and the internet).

So, can recommend a good solution for a day bag (preferably a backpack) that can carry a camera and a few lenses, but also a light jacket, water, my wife’s miscellaneous stuff and not be too bulky or blatantly a camera bag?

I bought one on amazon, it came today and is meh. I welcome any and all input.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
          Sounds like you need a massage.
          Originally posted by kpeng
          Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Since I travel for a living and live out of hotels all the time. Even thought I havent been shooting much in recent years, I still have a bit of kit in my bag all the time.

What my daily work bag consists of is a Goruck GR2 34L with all my shit it in it and then I use a couple padded pouches for sensitive stuff. My M4/3s olly gear all lives in a Crumpler Med sized pouchy thing I dont think they make anymore.

Now Goruck stuff is $$$ but its built like a tank and since I am tossing it in and out of work trucks all the time, in the energy business. But any good bag from the likes of Tom Bihn, 5.11 tac, maxpedition, Alpha One Niner should not scream I HAVE 5K IN PHOTO GEAR IN HERE. with something like a Tenba BYOB (bring your own bag) insert, for it that fits the gear your looking to take.

Speaking of that what gear are you looking to take on Safari, knowing that might help point you in better direction and are you going on safari, or just traveling around
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Thank you Sleeve!

The safari is only one day (doing a lot in a little time), but I intend to bring my Sony a6300 body, 16-50, 50 macro, 55-210, external microphone for video, a few batteries, memory cards and one tiny tripod (6"). I also am going cage diving with sharks, and have an underwater case that is fairly bulky, but I'll only have that on me for one of the days.

I'll probably try to keep all of the camera gear (less the underwater case) with me for the majority of the time we're in SA, since we'll be exploring and I always like to have multiple lens options and will surely need the spare batteries.

I tried to use the camera pouch that came in the Amazon bag that I returned in my North Face backpack, but it wasn't a good fit and made it difficult to use the rest of the bag.

I really want something that I can use for hiking, day trips, travel etc. My biggest concern about travel though is packing. I usually travel with one BIG backpack, that is the max carry on size, so it's going to be tricky to carry two back packs. My ideal solution will fit in my big bag while empty, or just with the camera in it, and then come out for day trips, but we'll see. Worst case my wife can carry the camera backpack when we're in transit and I'll roll her suitcase and wear my big pack.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
              Sounds like you need a massage.
              Originally posted by kpeng
              Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

All my olly stuff lives in there. A OMD EM5. MkI with 17mm, 45mm, 75mm f1.8 primes, small flash, CPLs couple sd cards, 2 batteries and a couple odds and ends. Batt charger lives in my "media pouch" in my main bag

2019-02-06_01-02-54 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
                Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-06-2019, 01:20 PM.
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Too bad Olympus wants to pump you m43 users dry.

I like my olympus film camera though, plan on picking up more of them.
                  willschnitz

Comment

_DSC2933 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                    _DSC2866 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                    _DSC2851 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                    willschnitz

Comment

Pollen on pool in rain.

[IMG]7EE97FB6-9C20-4CC1-8329-6F114E16ADC6 by [/IMG]
                      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Green Jay in the Bush
                        _SRC1270 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                        willschnitz

Comment

out and about today now that the snow is coming off some and have a few hours to spare before heading out for work...

IMG_1867 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

IMG_1877 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

William Pitt-

Comment

trying to make the best of mid-day light on an Easter hike.

Comment

I decided to go for the longest distance shot I've ever done... 365 million miles with only a 500mm lens. Jupiter, last night from my front lawn.

A little closer to earth, last nights full moon.

Will
                              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Wow. Never knew you could make Jupiter visible from a camera here on Earth.

Very cool.
                                90 Bronzit 325is
                                16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Working...
                                X