Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heated seats retrofit with aftermarket pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heated seats retrofit with aftermarket pads?

Hello.

I got the oem loom with the switches without the heating mats.

Waeco has great kits in great price.
    Did someone ever tried to fit between them or I need to go with the oem heating pads thats are way expensive?

There is another option?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I bought this heated seat kit (the "High-low round switch 2 seats") in 2015 and wired it up to the stock switches. After four years it still works great! It gets too hot for comfort on the highest setting for me. I just cut off the provided switches, and used a multimeter to make sure the wires from the e30 switches were putting out the same outputs. The kit's switches and the e30 ones worked the same, they even light up like they should.

Comment

Originally posted by rzmoser View Post
      I bought this heated seat kit (the "High-low round switch 2 seats") in 2015 and wired it up to the stock switches. After four years it still works great! It gets too hot for comfort on the highest setting for me. I just cut off the provided switches, and used a multimeter to make sure the wires from the e30 switches were putting out the same outputs. The kit's switches and the e30 ones worked the same, they even light up like they should.
      This, I did the exact same thing, three or four years now and still going strong.
      Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

fyi the OEM pads aren't very expensive, but totally get the appeal of aftermarket. you can't see the darn things anyway, but as posted above you may have temp issues.
        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
          fyi the OEM pads aren't very expensive, but totally get the appeal of aftermarket. you can't see the darn things anyway, but as posted above you may have temp issues.

I wouldn't say temperature is an issue for the Amazon ones I got, they're perfect when its 55 out and I'm driving with the top down. But long trips with the heat on they make my back sweaty, so I'd say they're perfect. Not hot enough to burn, but hot enough that the lower setting is good.

Also, the switch doesn't control the temperature. The low and high setting are both 12v, the switch just sends the 12v signal to the relay box that comes with the kit. The switches with the kit works the same as the OEM switches, either the high or low wire is given 12 volts, its never both.

Comment

rzmoser.....can you comment on how you attached the heated seat elements you got from Amazon to to the seat foam? Trying to figure out the best way to attach the OEM elements I bought to retrofit into my non-heated sport seats.
            Thanks!
            89 325ix coupe Diamondschwartz
            1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Thanks for your reply in the ix forum rzmoser! Got my answer.
              89 325ix coupe Diamondschwartz
              1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Working...
              X