No announcement yet.

Garagistic Odometer Gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed super easy; Worked first time. Put 80 miles on my car since I purchased it. Feels like such a luxury to be able to have a working OD instead of having to rely on my old 13 button OBC to give me an "estimate"..

Keep up the good work guys!

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

3k miles since I've fixed and still going great. +1 for this product again.
      1989 325i Cabrio
      tyzg

Midwest E30 Owners Gruppe Facebook

Comment

I just wanted to share my experience with Garagistic.

I´have a Euro 318is with a Motometer cluster that gave up the ghost a while ago. I had been driving around using gps in order to keep track of milage. When i found out that Garagistic where making gears for my application, i ordered.

I received them quickly, but discovered that the gears in my cluster and the gears supplied had differing tooth counts. Turns out that there are two variations of gear sets for Euro Motometer clusters.

I emailed them back to let them know and they agreed to take the gears back and give me a refund. I also sent them pictures of the old gears just for reference.

I was surprised when a few weeks later i received a pm from Garagistic letting me know that they had made up a gear set that matched the old gears. I ordered a few months ago and they´ve been sitting waiting for me to have a spare moment to do the install.

Well, yesterday i finally got around to it. After the install i drove around with the gps to check the accuracy and i can happily say Spot on!

Thanks to these guys for going out of the way to do this. Great customer service.
        My new E34 525i Sport Limousine Blog
        http://bmw525isportlimousine.blogspot.com.es/

Comment

My odometer finally broke.

Haven't put them in yet, but the price is inexpensive, the quality is great, and it should be an easy fix. I have a feeling what I thought was really low MPG was actually just the odometer running slowly because of stripped gears.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thanks for the kind words!

We would really really really appreciate if some reviews were left on our products to help others know about your experience. Its simple and doesnt take long (promise!).

This would help us alot as well as allow us to serve you better.

Comment

Done. Had to edit down a bit to get it to fit the 1000 character limit. You might want to think about increasing it for really wordy people :D

Originally posted by garagistic View Post
              Thanks for the kind words!

We would really really really appreciate if some reviews were left on our products to help others know about your experience. Its simple and doesnt take long (promise!).

This would help us alot as well as allow us to serve you better.
              My new E34 525i Sport Limousine Blog
              http://bmw525isportlimousine.blogspot.com.es/

Comment

Originally posted by spanish pants View Post
                Done. Had to edit down a bit to get it to fit the 1000 character limit. You might want to think about increasing it for really wordy people :D
                THank you! We really appreciate it. We will look into that.

Comment

Just ordered the single E1 gear. Thanks!

Comment

+1 for awesome gears! Ordered a motometer set w the r3v discount. 100% approve.

Comment

Originally posted by CabbE30 View Post
                      +1 for awesome gears! Ordered a motometer set w the r3v discount. 100% approve.
                      Thank you. Please leave us a review under the product. Thanks!

Comment

Would leaving to much space between the spacers and gears cause it to not work all the time? I left more then a credit card width between them. It works for 1-2 miles then stops. Hitting the cluster or big bumps sometimes straightens it up again for a mile or so.
                        Euro S50 Daily Driver: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=279195

Comment

Garagistic for the win!

I only learned of Garagistic after a friend told me about them (he also told me about this great forum). It's awesome to finally find these gears at a reasonable price! I had been putting it off for a long time because I couldn't bring myself to spend $75+ for 3 plastic gears, but jumped when I found them on Ebay for $18.50 shipped several months ago.

My gears were in pretty bad shape:

Click image for larger version

Name:	odo1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	7185295

I read about people having a hard time getting the brass bushing off the drive pinion, but it came off surprisingly easily. I simply crushed it lightly from several angles with a small pair of wire cutters and it slid right off. The hardest part of the whole deal was getting the tiny spacer on, but wasn't a big deal.

Here are the new gears installed

Click image for larger version

Name:	odo2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	7185296

At the moment the price is $13.50 shipped on Ebay; that is a ridiculously good deal!
                          1986 325ES

Comment

+1 for their odo gears. Very clean and accurate replicas of the originals. How-to docs and video could cover getting the cluster out and opened a bit better. Close-up video of gears coming out and going in could be sharper. Getting the 11-tooth gear fully seated was a little tricky for me. But it's working great after 500 miles. I've even gotten over my phobia of resetting while driving!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Comment

l o l @ this last post. Sounds like a big advertisement for <some competitor>
                                Last edited by 2mAn; 04-12-2021, 07:35 PM.
                                Instagram
                                Build Thread

F87 2020 M2 Competition Coupe Long Beach Blue/Black w/Blue Stitching
                                F22 2014 M235i Coupe Estoril Blue/Black (Sold)
                                E46 2003 325xi Sedan Jet Black/Natural Brown Leather
                                E30 1989 325i Vert Bronzitbeige Metallic/Natural
                                E30 1986 325es Coupe Alpine White/Pearl Beige

Comment

Working...
                                X