Benghazi-Gate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliche Guevara View Post
    I don't recall them flat out denying that it was a terrorist attack.
    Then the rock you live under must be rather large, or you just ignore all "news sources" other than the daily show and other satire like programing. I have not sat and watched a news program in months, nor had time to read more than a few lines in a news paper with any consistency, and even I saw what you did not.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      Then the rock you live under must be rather large, or you just ignore all "news sources" other than the daily show and other satire like programing. I have not sat and watched a news program in months, nor had time to read more than a few lines in a news paper with any consistency, and even I saw what you did not.
      I subscribe to The Economist, Christian Science Monitor, and The Register Guard (local paper), and watch BBC World News America from time to time. I have very high standards for my news and make sure to take in my information carefully. Still, I don't recall Obama directly denying that it was terrorism and would like to see a source to him saying that.

Comment

What about the large portion of country who doesn't give a shit? I know I'm not the only one.
        1985 BMW 325e
        1997 BMW M3/4/5
        2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

I subscribe to The Economist, Christian Science Monitor, and The Register Guard (local paper), and watch BBC World News America from time to time. I have very high standards for my news and make sure to take in my information carefully. Still, I don't recall Obama directly denying that it was terrorism and would like to see a source to him saying that.
          lol at having high standards for new sources. Most of those you 'subscribe' to are all most likely owned by the same banking family and subsidiaries that all want the same thing out of world events to turn a profit. Don't think you're better because you don't listen to fox news or that you can understand the jokes from Tom Stewart.

C'mon mr.sleeve back me up on this. The human psyche is over analyzed and is greatly predictable, so moving public opinion in either way to serve a purpose is a whole hell lot easier to sway than you would think. /rant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
            lol at having high standards for new sources. Most of those you 'subscribe' to are all most likely owned by the same banking family and subsidiaries that all want the same thing out of world events to turn a profit.
            The Register Guard is locally owned, The CSM is owned by the Christian Science Publishing Society, and, while I don't know who owns them, The Economist is one of the most widely respected news magazines around.

Don't think you're better because you don't listen to fox news or that you can understand the jokes from Tom Stewart.
            I do actually watch Fox News from time to time just to see what's going on over there. I don't derive my perception of Fox News from potentially out of context clips thrown around by left-wing commentators but from actually watching it. And, yes, I do think I'm better off because I do my best to eliminate news sources that systematically reaffirm my own beliefs. I won't say better than you, but I'll say that I would be doing myself a disservice if I got all my news from MSNBC.

Comment

I get you. But the CSM is owned by the christian science publishing society which was also founded by Mary Eddy. The current chairman and editor in chief is a person who follows similar dogma of that 'society'. Hence the news there is spun.

The economist is owned by the Economist Group in which the rothchilds have a seat in the board of directors. Just because it's respected doesn't mean squat.

Following the money in most situations usually finds you the answer. With corporations owning or having great controlling power of most of the world's governments, and adding a sprinkle of some healthy self preservation strategy that most anyone would have, you can come to some simple conclusions. Mentioning any of the big news sources we receive in America in any of r3v's political arguments always gets me a laugh.

Study the spider web that is the ownership of most info sources and you'll get the pattern. Do you wonder why there was such a huge shoot to go to war by our media? Most major news outlets were parading the war drums and why? Well so GE can make billions in war contracts and yadda yadda yadda.

Comment

They're both right-leaning publications that balance my natural liberal perspective and they certainly aren't my only news sources. Either way, this has zero relevance to what I was responding to from mrsleeve, which is that I either get all my info from the Daily Show or am sorely uninformed.

Comment

It has everything to do with your response. If you don't want to see it then its okay, im getting drunk watching this stupid SNF game.

Comment

It has everything to do with your response. If you don't want to see it then its okay, im getting drunk watching this stupid SNF game.
                    It's relevant to my response because your analyzing my news sources, but it's not relevant to what I was responding to, which was sleeve accusing me of getting my news from Jon Steward/being uninformed.

Comment

It's relevant to my response because your analyzing my news sources, but it's not relevant to what I was responding to, which was sleeve accusing me of getting my news from Jon Steward/being uninformed.
                      relevance cited. I know where you're coming from but you still can't see where I am so its okay. im stopping.

Comment

relevance cited. I know where you're coming from but you still can't see where I am so its okay. im stopping.
                        I see what you're trying to say, it's just misdirected. You could say that those sources could somewhat mislead me, but they leave me by no stretch of the imagination uninformed. You're trying to dig yourself out of a hole here and it's not working.

Comment

The Libyan government fucking helped us during the attack. They're the ones that took the ambassador to a hospital where it was confirmed he was dead.
                          I think i nominate you to go help one of the embassies in the current situation in say. Turkey. The were protesting in a nice radical way there the past two days. Real fun.

Kandhar was just a lovely place for a mortar attack last nite too.
                          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

This thread does not appear to be about Benghazi-Gate.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by JinormusJ
                            Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                            1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                            1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                            1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                            1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                              I think i nominate you to go help one of the embassies in the current situation in say. Turkey. The were protesting in a nice radical way there the past two days. Real fun.

This made my morning and I will donate some of my net income to pay for the flight, and not deduct it from my income taxes as a chartiable donation either
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post

Are you implying that by acknowledging that the Libyan government helped defend our embassy and that most of it's citizens were horrified by the attacks that I'm somehow ignorant to the current state of chaos in the region? Because that's simply nonsensical.

Comment

Working...
                                X