Need to repaint a vert - any decent body shops in DC area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to repaint a vert - any decent body shops in DC area

I want to sand/prep my 91 318i cab and then have a body shop repaint it. Any decent body shops in the DMV area that can get this done? Working with a somewhat limited budget, don't need anything high-end, would be repainting the same color(laguna green). I am in northeast DC, so anywhere in PG County/NoVa/MoCo would be fine. Thanks!
    Rokas
    1991 318i Convertible - Lagunengruen 5sp
    2013 Land Rover LR4 HSE

What about macco?

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
      What about macco?
      Was actually considering that, heard good things about the actual paint job IF AND ONLY IF you do the prep yourself. Seeing if there are any other options also. Any idea on ballpark price?
      Rokas
      2013 Land Rover LR4 HSE

Comment

Originally posted by dc318icabrio View Post
        Was actually considering that, heard good things about the actual paint job IF AND ONLY IF you do the prep yourself. Seeing if there are any other options also. Any idea on ballpark price?
        Really no, but I've heard the same. I'd call them up and ask for a quote on a 2 stage sprayjob with no prep.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
        (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Maaco in college park does an actually halfway decent job for not much money. You get what you pay for, for sure, but for the money it's pretty good.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

I went to Maaco. Removed all the trim myself and told them "If it's white, paint it white. Otherwise, leave it alone"

They did a pretty decent job. 7/10
            Look where you want to go!
            1990 325is
            1987 325is
            1992 318iC

Comment

curious what route you go OP, update us with any progress!

Comment

Thanks guys, will do. Kaygee - what was your cost?
                Rokas
                2013 Land Rover LR4 HSE

Comment

Would also be interested if you find someone good in the area.

Theres a shop a few doors down from my shop in beltsville that seems to put out decent work. They quoted me around $2500 on my coupe including bodywork for a color change. I can get you the name if your interested. I am yet to actually use them though, so I cant 100% speak to their work.
                  www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
                  2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

An update on this - got a quote a while ago from the Silver Spring Maaco. Prep was 2200, a two-stage respray(their silver package or whatever) was 1200. So, doing the prep myself. I am block sanding the car with 320, filling in major dents and dings with filler and have taken off the trim, headlights and removed the windshield. Hoping for the best, will keep you posted.
                    Rokas
                    2013 Land Rover LR4 HSE

Comment

Working...
                    X