Throttle/Fuel issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle/Fuel issue

I have been noticing that when I come to a stop and I give the car a really quick push on the peddle, the car dies out. I have to ease the pedal to go from a stop. The car runs fine when I'm open throttle on the hwy. Some things I have checked. ICV, AFR, I swapped my Injector to 5.0 mustangs. No fuel leak or smell from the rails. All my lines look pretty solid and no cracks. Any suggestions?

Vacuum leak most likely, could be other things depending on what engine you have.

Comment

" I swapped my Injector to 5.0 mustangs"

why did you do this.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
        " I swapped my Injector to 5.0 mustangs"

why did you do this.
        I originally had a bad surgĂ­ng idle issue before. We replaced slot of things. The oem injectors were clogged with smuttand debree. The 5.0 I read are a good upgrade to the m20. My engine is from a 91 e30 325i.

Comment

how many lb/min are the 5.0 ones compared to stock? And did it only start doing your symptoms when you put these "upgrades" in?

Maybe its running pig rich when acceleration enrichment kicks in.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
            how many lb/min are the 5.0 ones compared to stock? And did it only start doing your symptoms when you put these "upgrades" in?

Maybe its running pig rich when acceleration enrichment kicks in.
            I had the issue before with the oem injectors. I am almost thinking my engine harness is bad, we replaced the ecu twice also just to verify.

Comment

throttle position switch set correctly?

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                throttle position switch set correctly?

t
                I am not sure,any suggestions on how to check>? after testing, I did get noise on open throttle, but no noise on closed. Not sure if that means anything?

Comment

Working...
                X