No announcement yet.

IS Decklid Spoiler Installation Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the strength is definitely not an issue. The only thing I wonder about is how it actually holds up to weather over time. Make sure you get the outdoor kind too.
    Check my feedback HERE

Comment

avus didnt you have a diagram with the measurements before, im trying to do this project soon n can use that info.

Comment

Just some FYI, all trunk lids are factory marked underneath for OEM spoilers...all you have to do is drill baby drill!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrNatural View Post
          Just some FYI, all trunk lids are factory marked underneath for OEM spoilers...all you have to do is drill baby drill!
          Really? what about 84-85 model year trunks?
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
            Really? what about 84-85 model year trunks?
            wondering about this too. i looked at mine and didnt see any markings..

Comment

Well I may have spoke incorrectly. I had a bad experience installing my first spoiler and it leaked horribly. Found a perfect match color wise on ebay and the seller told me this when I said I would have bought it if it had the holes for the spoiler.He said he could drill them for me and they were all marked underneath.My old lid was too routed out to check. Sorry for any confusion.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks just what I was looking for!!!!!!!!!

My E30 332iS Build Photo Album :) Click below!!!!!!!!!!

http://s637.photobucket.com/user/mil...2%20SWAP/story

If you have bought or sold parts from me please visit my Transaction Feedback Thread!!

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...10#post3791810

Comment

Trunk lids are predrilled underneath, covered in silicone or something. Took me 2 minutes to drill and install the lip. No leaks neither

Comment

good to know

Comment

Originally posted by blackhawkimpact View Post
                      Trunk lids are predrilled underneath, covered in silicone or something. Took me 2 minutes to drill and install the lip. No leaks neither
                      so there is an imprint of where to drill on the sheet metal itself? what's the point of the template

Comment

Originally posted by blackhawkimpact View Post
                        If this is true, then I must be insanely stupid to have not seen them. Care to point out with a picture or two?
                        1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                        2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                        2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Originally posted by redsubdivisions View Post
                          If this is true, then I must be insanely stupid to have not seen them. Care to point out with a picture or two?
                          I would but I already drilled out the holes. All decklids I've seen at the junkyard are predrilled. I'll take a pic next time I go.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                            so there is an imprint of where to drill on the sheet metal itself? what's the point of the template
                            I believe the earlier models didn't come predrilled but I've seen early models predrilled. I'll take a pic of an early and late decklid next time I'm at the yard

Comment

are these the same holes to use with e28 and mtec spoilers as well?

Comment

a template underneath the drunk .......lol wow, how'd I miss that one-

Comment

Working...
                                X