Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please Updates....:up:

Comment

This is really interest`n! I have been do`n something similar too.
      But I am use`n e36 calipers with the VW corrado rotors also on the stock e30 struts.

But I am not too happy with it.

You can see in this photo the grind`n out of material is not the same so make`n a bracket will not mirror the top and bottom of the caliper.

E30/ 318i m10, e30 m50 & E34/ 520i m50

Comment

But it's not 5 lug??
        My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
        4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Pazza, I wanted to do the same thing so it looked a bit more factory to onlookers(like the Polizei). But I think I would do something a but more permanent like welding the adapter bracket to the orig. caliper brackets. I want adapter to strengthen the original bracket b/c of the grinding.
          Last edited by MikeDE; 09-27-2011, 05:49 AM.
          -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

any updates? im really feeling this
            -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
            -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
            MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
            Got Drop?? ;-)
            Originally posted by JinormusJ
            But of course
            E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

So in the rear you still need to source new Trailing arms correct? I don't get how the track won't be affected, is there some sort of spacer or something?
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
              VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Can't you just run larger e46 325i rotors to help with the caliper spacing

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                So in the rear you still need to source new Trailing arms correct? I don't get how the track won't be affected, is there some sort of spacer or something?
                The rear just need need new 5 lug spindles and calipers (e30m3)
                Build Threads:
                Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                  Can't you just run larger e46 325i rotors to help with the caliper spacing

The rear just need need new 5 lug spindles and calipers (e30m3)
                  The use of e39 brakes was discussed earlier in the thread. The e39 rotors are 10mm bigger at 296mm, vs the e36 286mm rotor. The e46 rotors are even larger at 300mm.
                  In theory it should work without modification to the bracket, but nobody clarified whether they tested it or not.

Comment

Working...
                  X