Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 lug swap is done. Pictures and a writeup inside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, i think i finally understand. can we get some shots of the front and rear setups? i wanna see what the e36 strut looks like, and i wanna see the rack and all that. that would be great.

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
    HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
    **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

I'll get some shots when I can. It's going to be a crazy week.
      2004 SL600 - Current
      ------------------------
      2006 SL55 AMG - Sold
      2004 M3 SMG - Sold
      1999 540i Sport - Sold :(
      1989 325i coupe- Sold
      1988 325is M50 M-tec - Sold :(

Comment

that would be sweet.

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
        HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
        **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Eric, detailed pictures of the front setup would be much appreciated. As you know, I'm doing this swap in the near future and would like to see some pictures.

Thanks man.

Comment

HOTT

Nice ,

thanks for the parts listing thats a huge help to those of us looking to do the swap :twisted:

Comment

I have been wondering if using the e46 aluminum arms would help to cure the foreward possition? anyone thought about this?
              w

Comment

Originally posted by schnitzer teil-jäger
                I have been wondering if using the e46 aluminum arms would help to cure the foreward possition? anyone thought about this?
                w
                That's not the way to cure it. The E46 arms use a different rear mount, with a octagonal shaped bushing. The proper way is to enlarge the holes on the rear control arm mount (lollipop), and put offset sleeves in it. That is how I plan to do mine. Simply slotting the holes seems like a poor way to do it, there's room for movement, and front suspension mounting point movement is not something you want.

Comment

I was thinking you could enlarge the hole and use and eccentric adjuster bolt from say a camber kit. i have access to about every size and combo made so if someone can get some rough measurments i'll be happy to see what i can dig up thats kinda what i was planning on trying that way there's no play or room for movement :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by lordofmpower
                    I was thinking you could enlarge the hole and use and eccentric adjuster bolt from say a camber kit. i have access to about every size and combo made so if someone can get some rough measurments i'll be happy to see what i can dig up thats kinda what i was planning on trying that way there's no play or room for movement :twisted:
                    If you used an adjustable eccentric, there would be room for movement. That's not a mounting point that you would want adjustable. What I'm talking about doing is having an eccentric sleeve, that is offset enough for the tires to be centered in the wheelwell.

Comment

the eccentric of the bolts I'm thinking is the offset center, not the egg shaped ends.

after looking under the car i'll prob hack the mount off with the plasma cutter and weld it where it needs to be :twisted: no movement there

Comment

Can I use non-m e36 hubs/spindles with e36 m3 brakes? When using 318ti trailing arms, you need the halfshafts too?

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
                        On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
                        BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

you can use either half shaft, but you'll have to do some fucking around with the ABS shit. I'm also under the impression that the M3 brake setup will bolt to a standard spindle

Comment

Working...
                          X