Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best place to buy 95 m3 offset control arms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best place to buy 95 m3 offset control arms?

as topic states, anybody know a great place to buy '95 m3 offset control arms?

offset control arms ?

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
      offset control arms ?
      Yup...apparently 95 M3's had offset arms and regular bushings.

96+ had regular arms and offset bushings. Therefore, in order to get more caster on 96+ M3's, install 95 arms.

This is what I am going to have to do to center my wheel.

When you find out, let me know.
      2004 SL600 - Current
      ------------------------
      2006 SL55 AMG - Sold
      2004 M3 SMG - Sold
      1999 540i Sport - Sold :(
      1989 325i coupe- Sold
      1988 325is M50 M-tec - Sold :(

Comment

alloembmwparts has part #s L2000-77902 and L2000-77903 for '95 m3 control arms
        they have part #s L2000-77904 and L2000-77905 for '96+ m3 control arms

HTH, good luck to both of you.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

doh! I asked on roadfly and the only responce I got said it was the 96+ m3's that had the offset control arms...can anybody verify which it is?

Comment

Just call your stealer they will tell you if they have a cool parts manager.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Great...conflicting advise.
              2004 SL600 - Current
              ------------------------
              2006 SL55 AMG - Sold
              2004 M3 SMG - Sold
              1989 325i coupe- Sold

Comment

+'96 M3's have the offset arms.

Use them with offset bushes on a E30 to push the wheel forward when doing the E36 5lug swap.

I have have got some pics around showing the difference between the E30 & E36 +'96 M3 arms. The centre of the ball joint is about 20-25mm further forward than the E30 ones.
                292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

wonderful thanks, If you have a minuet I'd love to see a pic of the difference.

Comment

I'll post them up when I find them. I can't remember if they are at work or home!?!?!

Just FYI, I just got back from the workshop.
                    I was test fitting one of my new E36 Koni Coil-Overs.
                    I took measurements from the wheel arch to the centre of the hub before (E30 bits) and after (tonight with the E36 bits).
                    From the front of the wheel arch back to the centre 375mm (was 365mm).
                    From the top of the wheel arch down to the centre 370mm (was 455mm).
                    From the back of the wheel arch forward to the centre 345mm (was 370mm).

As you can see by the numbers it looks like the wheel is sitting further back in the well, I'm going to stick them into CAD and see what has happened, from first glance it appears the wheel is sitting further back due to the decreased shock length (-85mm) 'cause as you will know the wheel moves back slightly as the shock compresses, a stock geometry thing!!
                    Another interesting fact, the koni Coil-Overs only have 75mm of travel (measured at the wheel centre).

Lukas: Roughly how far in from the egde of the fender (at the top) does your rim sit??
                    I test fitted one of my BBS's (17x8" RK et38) and the rim was level with the fender!?!?!
                    Rears are about the same (maybe a little further under), Time to pull the guards I guess.
                    Also, what size tyres are you running?? I'm going to try a 235/40 on the front this weekend, I know 245/40's fit on the rear.

Comment

I am using e30 M3 aluminum control arms with the modified control arm bushing brackets and e30 M3 offset control arm bushings. I don't have exact measurements, but my wheels are almost dead center in the fender well. And this is with a 25" diam wheel. I took a couple pics, but my car is black and the pics were in the garage, so they didn't turn out too well. I'll try to get some pics that show the gaps.

D

Comment

Yup, I ran the part number Derek gave me and it turned out to be E30 M3 control arms.

Now I'm even more confused.
                        2004 SL600 - Current
                        ------------------------
                        2006 SL55 AMG - Sold
                        2004 M3 SMG - Sold
                        1989 325i coupe- Sold

Comment

I guess I should clarify. I am running e30 GC caster camber plates on e36 M3 bilstein sports with the perches cut off and ground control coilovers. E36 M Roadster suspension and BBS CH 18X8.5 with 255 35 18 front tires. I'll get some pics today.

D

Comment

Here are the pics of the comparison between the:
                            E30 Control arms (which have the same geometry as: E30 M3, all E36's except the +96 M3)
                            And the:
                            +96 M3 control arms.

Here you can see the difference at the outer balljoint

Here you can see the centre of the ball joint is about 20mm further forward on the +96 M3 CA

Side shot showing the same

Here is a diagram of how the geometry (in my scenario) has changed

Hope you find it useful.
                            I'll stop by the workshop tonight and take a pic of the hub/strut/CA installed.

Comment

Jay, why do you need the M3 96' arms?
                              Your wheels are still not properly centered, even with the use of treehouseracing CAB?
                              Motorsport Edition Convertible

Comment

Working...
                              X