No announcement yet.

Drop Hats.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This washer people are talking about, is it a OEM BMW part? Part #? Wouldn't mind ordering a pair with the drop hats just in case

Comment

Do the springs remain captive when these are installed?

Comment

Originally posted by Terroth View Post
        Do the springs remain captive when these are installed?
        Yes.

Someone else asked if it changes handling. It does not. All it does is move the top of the spring up 1/4" or so. There is no geometry changes. You'll feel more difference with a change to new tires then this.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I have the e90 drop hats and i think boge strut mounts, installed just like stock for about 3 years and from time to time it binds. Im redoing my suspension im going with sachs mounts this time to see if i eliminate the binding issues

Comment

Reading through 20 pages of back and forth. Seems everyone is running different suspension setups. Is there a noticeable result if you keep stock springs, stock struts, etc and change out to the E90 OEM drop hats? Debating whether or not to do this, or just buy H&R Sports and call it a day.

I use mine as a daily driver so just want to get rid of the horrendous wheel well gap in the front. Running 14" with an IS valence and lip.
            If I had to live my life over, I'd live over a Saloon" - WC Fields

Garage
            1991 325i
            1972 R75/5 Cafe

Comment

Hi. i have jom coilovers installed in my e30. If i buy a set of drop hats, will they work ?

Joms coilovers are similar to raceland coils.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerR75 View Post
                Reading through 20 pages of back and forth. Seems everyone is running different suspension setups. Is there a noticeable result if you keep stock springs, stock struts, etc and change out to the E90 OEM drop hats? Debating whether or not to do this, or just buy H&R Sports and call it a day.

I use mine as a daily driver so just want to get rid of the horrendous wheel well gap in the front. Running 14" with an IS valence and lip.
                Wheel gap's gonna stay with 14" anyways. H&R sports are a good dailyable height but look sorta goofy with 14's. Definitely better than stock height though. I put springs on before wheels and it definitely made me like the car more but wheels have been the biggest "look at my car and get stoked" purchase so far.
                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

I’ve been searching the thread and forums to find a set of camber plates that will work with e90 drop hats, but can’t find much. I’m running Bilstein HD’s with H&R OE springs with e90 drop hats. Any camber plates recommendations? Thanks. - Tom

Comment

Originally posted by donahue1980 View Post
                    I’ve been searching the thread and forums to find a set of camber plates that will work with e90 drop hats, but can’t find much. I’m running Bilstein HD’s with H&R OE springs with e90 drop hats. Any camber plates recommendations? Thanks. - Tom
                    On my last E30, I used a set of SPC camber plates with E90 drop hats - https://store.vacmotorsports.com/spc...ates-p208.aspx

Ground Control also makes a set of camber plates compatible with OE spring hats - https://groundcontrolstore.com/colle...nt=42803062531. I have a set of these and will be using them on my current E30, also with drop hats.
                    Zelig the Zinno • 300k and counting
                    http://instagram.com/zelig.the.zinno

Comment

Thank you, Shu!

Comment

Working...
                      X