Custom Leather E30 Shift and E Brake Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ihaveaquestion View Post
    Shipping was fast. My only reference for shift boot quality was the original shift boot that was dried and worn. The leather is soft and has good color. It blends in with the interior and looks great. I was disappointed that I had to tie it down with a zip tie, then again I don't know how anyone else does it. The stitching isn't very tight, I could see through the seams as i glued it to the bezel. I can't see through it now that it's installed, but the stitching looks stretched near the shift knob. The boot is also short tugging on the plastic frame that clips on the center console. This tugging strains the center console creating a plastic creak sound. This irks me. If the boot was an inch or two longer, there would be more play in the leather preventing the strain. I give it a 2/5 for the tugging.
    Thanks for the feedback! The shift boot you purchased, is the one you have option 1 (tri-seam) or option 2 (single seam) ?
    I tend to think (from the picture) the tri-stitch looks nicer IMO.
    sigpic

Leave Feedback here:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=261541

Comment

Originally posted by ihaveaquestion View Post
      Shipping was fast. My only reference for shift boot quality was the original shift boot that was dried and worn. The leather is soft and has good color. It blends in with the interior and looks great. I was disappointed that I had to tie it down with a zip tie, then again I don't know how anyone else does it. The stitching isn't very tight, I could see through the seams as i glued it to the bezel. I can't see through it now that it's installed, but the stitching looks stretched near the shift knob. The boot is also short tugging on the plastic frame that clips on the center console. This tugging strains the center console creating a plastic creak sound. This irks me. If the boot was an inch or two longer, there would be more play in the leather preventing the strain. I give it a 2/5 for the tugging.
      Hey, I want to thank you for the honest feedback and I am definitely going to take your criticisms and comments seriously so I can make the best possible product for an affordable price.

Originally posted by ruqknuf View Post
      Thanks for the feedback! The shift boot you purchased, is the one you have option 1 (tri-seam) or option 2 (single seam) ?
      I tend to think (from the picture) the tri-stitch looks nicer IMO.
      He purchased the Tri seam or Option 1. I will agree that it does look nicer but some people like the single seam look as it more of an original type design.

I can also say after getting my first real feedback that I have already started revamping the design so that it can be used with a stock shift lever and will not be so tight when shifting.
      BMWCCA # 482566

Originally posted by nando
      also, I can't think of any BMW special tools you need to do a headgasket on an M20. you could nearly do it with the trunk tool kit, some bubble gum, and string.
      Check out my Leather Shift Boots for Sale Here

Check out my other work with my GF Here Great gifts for your Wife or GF

Comment

Originally posted by gtarwiz View Post
        Hey, I want to thank you for the honest feedback and I am definitely going to take your criticisms and comments seriously so I can make the best possible product for an affordable price.

He purchased the Tri seam or Option 1. I will agree that it does look nicer but some people like the single seam look as it more of an original type design.

I can also say after getting my first real feedback that I have already started revamping the design so that it can be used with a stock shift lever and will not be so tight when shifting.
        I was trying my best to be constructive. I'm willing to buy the re-design when you finish!

Comment

I received my shifter boot a week or so ago and installed it yesterday. Personally, I find the multi-seam boot hideous and silly; advantage of extra seams is? I asked for a single seam boot and I got exactly that.

Fit: after reading the above review I rushed to install mine fearing the worst. (fyi ‘Shoe Goo’ works well if you don’t have contact cement.) I appreciate that extra effort was taken to trim excess leather around the edge. No material bunching up around the corners. There is some stretch when I throw into reverse but not enough to cause problems. Fit is perfect. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but leather tends get soft and stretch with use, unlike vinyl which has a tendency to contract, so if your boot is tight, maybe giving it a little time will help(?)

Stitching: no issues, looks great.

Leather: poor grades of leather are usually stiff, flat and glossy, where this one is supple, has nice grain and a soft matt finish. better than I expected.

Overall: definitely would recommend to a friend.

Last edited by fitswell; 11-20-2015, 08:15 PM.
          ------------------------------------
          01.5 S4 Avant - Sold
          88 325iS - In pieces
          91 e34 - Totaled by some dumbass
          90 325i - Daily
          06 e91 - Sold

feedback thread

Comment

Fitswell, That looks great! I am happy that you like it!

I have also tweaked the design officially so the boots will not stretch for the exception slightly in reverse and have tested it on an E30 with a stock height and throw shifter and can confirm that they will fit and will not have the stretching. The stitching has also been tightened so light will not come through.

I am taking orders for anyone interested.
            BMWCCA # 482566

also, I can't think of any BMW special tools you need to do a headgasket on an M20. you could nearly do it with the trunk tool kit, some bubble gum, and string.

Comment

Lets this thread!

Now taking orders!
              BMWCCA # 482566

Comment

Subscribed for future purchase.
                How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Sunday Night Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  BMWCCA # 482566

Comment

Hump Day Bump
                    BMWCCA # 482566

Comment

Just got mine in the mail today. Hands down great craftsmanship and A+ material. Highly recommend this product !! Thanks again
                      sigpic

Leave Feedback here:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=261541

Comment

Can you do black suede for the handbrake? I have a suede shift boot already, can't fins anyone to do the e-brake.

Comment

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          BMWCCA # 482566

Comment

TGIF Bump!
                            BMWCCA # 482566

Comment

Valentines Day Bump <3
                              BMWCCA # 482566

Comment

Bump
                                BMWCCA # 482566

Comment

Working...
                                X