Did Turner buy ECS Tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluntech :thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

Got euro rear plate filler from them, $12 cheaper than everywhere else.
    Shipping was fast too.

I know their website is not all that fancy, no army of sales people behind the chat etc but I tell you what, they answered my emails within 5 minutes, guys got a sense of humor too (Steve tried to sell me all 20 plate fillers on his shelf. I made him keep 19 of those 20).

Too bad their http://blunttech.com site is not on top for BMW parts in google search....for them and for the buyer

Comment

I always email blunt directly and have fun shenanigans exchanged as we eventually discuss what I originally emailed them about... its always CnBs
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Been ordering a ton of parts for my E28 2.7i build from Blunt and FCP. Always fast shipping and customer "relations" from both.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          no, ECS bought turner and pelican parts
          No wonder the rear filler plate I received was incredibly cheap and no where near the quality of the one I ordered about 5 years ago.
          1989 325i - sold
          1987 RX-7 Turbo II - sold
          1990 325i

Comment

Originally posted by TheB1G Lebowski View Post
            No wonder the rear filler plate I received was incredibly cheap and no where near the quality of the one I ordered about 5 years ago.
            They do list the brand of each item when you make a purchase... even if its ECS's own brand.

It's your fault you opted for the cheaper variant
            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

So Bavarian Autosport is closing. Anyone got the scoop? Is ECS gonna buy their name too? :p
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                So Bavarian Autosport is closing. Anyone got the scoop? Is ECS gonna buy their name too? :p
                they’d be the logical buyer.
                2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

I haven't bought anything there in a while, but I was just looking for new floormats for my E30. I have BavAuto mats in my E90 and they're super nice - way better than the paper mache garbage BMW puts in new cars..
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    Someone said that was rumored. I'm hoping it's just that though. (the ECS part)
                    Last edited by DealinDave@Blunttech.com; 03-08-2019, 01:57 PM.
                    Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

i've ordered parts from ecs for some time.
                      the packaging is not great, but no real problems.
                      i got a caliper seal lost in the mail.
                      Called their number and got it resent. a month later the lost in the mail one came in, for some reason.

right now they're giving a $50 gift cert if u leave a good review on trustpilot.
                      not going to do that.
                      maybe to counter the bad talk about them.

i usually order from them because of the easy to handle website.
                      bma, because the r3v discount. or pelican was the usual ordering point before ecs.

just did a price comparison blunttech vs ecs it's like a $26 saving with bluntech on z4 hubs and bearings.
                      so never ordering from ecs again considering all the buy outs is to eventually control the go to bmw sites to ultimately jack
                      up the prices.
                      Last edited by LowR3V'in; 03-08-2019, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                        just did a price comparison blunttech vs ecs it's like a $26 saving with bluntech on z4 hubs and bearings.
                        so never ordering from ecs again considering all the buy outs is to eventually control the go to bmw sites to ultimately jack
                        up the prices.
                        We aren't always going to be the cheapest, but we will try if we can. We try to stay as competitive as possible on pricing, but if there is anything stands out as seemingly too high, you can always shoot me a message and I'll see if I can match or beat it. We draw from several suppliers, some of which aren't incorporated directly into the site, so we might be able to get a part cheaper than what is displayed (especially on aftermarket replacement stuff).
                        Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

got this in my box from ecs that looked like it was in the dryer. box was ready to fall apart. all plastic pillow balloons popped.

100 gift card on a 160 order on wine. ok...
                          Wtf? by jet jones, on Flickr

Comment

I get those wine cards all the time. You have to really drink a lot of wine and like what they send you for it to be worth it.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by DealinDave@Blunttech.com View Post
                              Someone said that was rumored. I'm hoping it's just that though. (the ECS part)
                              they bought their inventory, I don't believe they acquired them like Turner though. Wicked shitty, that place was great to the e30 community in New England. I'm gonna miss all the meets they had up there and being able to pick up parts same day

1991 318is ---230K - DD
                              1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
                              so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Originally posted by DealinDave@Blunttech.com View Post
                                We aren't always going to be the cheapest, but we will try if we can. We try to stay as competitive as possible on pricing, but if there is anything stands out as seemingly too high, you can always shoot me a message and I'll see if I can match or beat it. We draw from several suppliers, some of which aren't incorporated directly into the site, so we might be able to get a part cheaper than what is displayed (especially on aftermarket replacement stuff).
                                Have you guys allowed intentional orders direct from website yet?
                                Last time I couldn't even get it shipped to my freight forwarder in the US as the credit card was non US.
                                89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
                                X