1989 BMW 325is S52 Swap 5-Speed Manual 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 BMW 325is S52 Swap 5-Speed Manual 2-Door

1989 (best year!) BMW 325is (yes, a true 325is!) 2-door. Alpine White with Cardinal Red Leather interior. S52 Swap from E36 M3. 5-Speed Manual. VIN: WBAAA2307K4258016.

This car is a blast to drive. The S52 paired with the manual tranny provides the perfect amount of power for the little E30. The car is in good condition and is ready to daily drive, take through the canyons, or even battle at the track. About 120,000 on the engine. Odometer stopped at 168,347 miles. I estimate it probably has around 175,000 on the chassis.

THE GOOD:
    -Clean title in hand
    -S52 swap from a E36 M3. New the S52 made 240 horsepower, which is significant amount compared to the stock M20 engine that came in the E30.
    -5 Speed manual transmission.
    -1989 325is 2-door. Best year because it has the facelift and plastic bumpers but still doesn't have airbags. Best model because it is the sportiest model of E30 behind the M3.
    -Cardinal Red leather interior, recently re-upholstered, is in great condition and looks AWESOME paired with the Alpine White paint.
    -Lowered on coilovers
    -Alpine headunit with AUX input for some jam sessions
    -BBS Style 5 replicas that look sweet on the E30
    -Angel eye's added to the headlights
    -Mostly rust free body! Few paint chips here and there with some rust, but battery pockets, jacking points, floor pans and other places major rust is found on E30's are clean.
    -Just had the brakes bled
    -Just had a new intake boot installed

THE BAD
    -There is unfortunately some body damage on the rear driver side quarter panel. I put some good pictures of the damage in the pictures folder. There is a good dent in the quarter panel with some paint chips. Also the rear bumper is a bit smashed up on the drivers side. I have a new bumper that I will include with the car. The damage is purely cosmetic, and will just take a bit of body work to get back to looking great. This could also be a great opportunity for a cool wide-body kit or something similar to cover up the damage and make the car look awesome.
    -The windshield wiper lever is missing from the interior. The wipers will work once a new lever is installed, and you can find a good used lever for like $30 or so on eBay
    -The engine leaks a bit of oil. It looks like its coming from the oil filter housing, I think the gasket is just bad. These gaskets are super cheap, only a couple bucks and shouldn't be too hard to install.
    -Missing headliner and sunroof doesn't work. This was done by the previous owner to save weight up top.
    -No A/C or heater. This was not put back in the car when the swap was done, however I do have the HVAC box, wiring harness, and the interior tubing/vents to put it back in the car. I will include all this with the car.

All around awesome car. Runs and drives great. I just drove it from Orem to North Salt Lake and back again at freeway speeds and it ran awesome. Clean title in hand, ready to get out and have fun with. Has a few needs to get it cosmetically perfect, as most cars this age do! Selling because I just bought a motorcycle that I'm going to be daily driving and won't use the car as much as I would like to. Feel free to message me any time if you are interested or have any questions, I'll get back to you as quick as I can! Asking $6,999 USD. I am able to negotiate the price and am open to reasonable offers.

LINK TO THE PICTURES:

Last edited by gibbmason@gmail.com; 06-30-2019, 10:27 PM. Reason: Price drop to $6,999

I do agree that the 89 MY is the best year for a 325.

In the pictures, the front valance and bumper look pushed around. You don't mention an explanation in your ad. Did this happen when the rear end was damaged? Or is it a separate incident?

Thanks.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Few more pieces of information I was able to pull up for interested buyers:

The car has had 7 previous owners and back in 2008 it had 184k+ showing on the odometer.

It appears as the car has spent all its life on the west coast.

GLWS!

Comment

The front bumper doesn't sit perfectly, and it was like this before the incident in the rear happened. To my knowledge it wasn't in a front end collision of any kind, it may just need to be adjusted/mounted up a bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by profile36 View Post
          Few more pieces of information I was able to pull up for interested buyers:

The car has had 7 previous owners and back in 2008 it had 184k+ showing on the odometer.

It appears as the car has spent all its life on the west coast.

GLWS!
          Thank you for providing the extra information! Every bit helps.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
            I do agree that the 89 MY is the best year for a 325.

In the pictures, the front valance and bumper look pushed around. You don't mention an explanation in your ad. Did this happen when the rear end was damaged? Or is it a separate incident?

Thanks.
            The front bumper doesn't sit perfectly, and it was like this before the incident in the rear happened. To my knowledge it wasn't in a front end collision of any kind, it may just need to be adjusted/mounted up a bit better.

Comment

Bump, price drop to $7,499

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump, price drop to $6,999

Comment

Hi is the car still available? Does it have any leaks besides the oil? Where is the car - east coast? West coast? Any issues with rust?

Comment

Working...
                        X