This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OFFICIAL 24v Engine Bay Thread

I've searched the forum a bit and I'm just curious to see how everyone's engine bay turned out. I'd start with some pics, but I just have an empty engine bay awaiting...

1991 330is

Comment

1989 e30s52 with 282rwhp:

Comment

Originally posted by bmw332i
        1989 e30s52 with 282rwhp:
        Can you please post specs of what is done to that engine?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvis
          Can you please post specs of what is done to that engine?
          1998 MZ3 s52 with 50k miles on it
          Custom ITG CAI w/heatshield
          Euro MAF
          Dinan BBTB
          24lb injectors
          UUC Underdrive pullies
          Schrick Cams (264/256)
          Ferrea Sodium filled +2mm oversized intake/exhaust valves
          Ferrea Ti retainers/dual valve springs
          TMS Competition port and polish of all intake/exhaust surfaces
          TMS shorty headers
          Euro race metallic cats
          TriFlow e30 M3 Exhaust
          All 100% SS custom exhaust fabrication
          Custom tuning (dozens of hours)
          8.5lb UUC Stage 2 LWFW
          Spec Stage 3 Clutch

The most noticeably raucous mods were the complete exhaust system, and the top end work. It's no longer just "uncivilized", it's completely, utterly obnoxious and raw. My wife has a 2003 e46 330Xi, and when she has her factory alarm on, just starting my car next to hers will set her alarm off. I love the feel of all N/A power. I could have S/C'd (or Turbo'd) it for insane power, but I want reliability and longevity. I want my child to be able to drive this car when the time comes. It'll do for now.

Comment

That thing sounds like an utter fucking beast. With an agressive exhaust this thing get attention but I could only imagine what a new head would do to it. Its awesome that you got european spec ballpark with it, it tells me there is a lot more of the displacement left to be used in my motor.
            Im now E30less.
            sigpic

Comment

It is a beast. According to TMS, it is their most powerful non-race N/A (not including MoTec s52's) customer s52 they've done. What I'd really like now is to try and do ITB's and a CF airbox. I'd have to go stand-alone EMS (mnost likely MoTec) though, from what I hear from the e30 M3 guys.

Comment

My wife has a 2003 e46 330Xi, and when she has her factory alarm on, just starting my car next to hers will set her alarm off.
                I used to do that all the time with just magnaflo on an m50, can only imagine what it'd be like with all that head work.

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
                On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
                BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

It is a beast. According to TMS, it is their most powerful non-race N/A (not including MoTec s52's) customer s52 they've done. What I'd really like now is to try and do ITB's and a CF airbox. I'd have to go stand-alone EMS (mnost likely MoTec) though, from what I hear from the e30 M3 guys.
                  Do it! Then I can steal it.
                  Im now E30less.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
                    Do it! Then I can steal it.

Is Dbilas the only place that would have the ITB's for the s52? I know BMP makes them for the m50, but I am not sure if they would work on an s52. Anybody know for sure? I don't mind spending money on my car, but only if I know that said mod will work (albeit with crazy tuning time). I'm hot and bothered by BMW's with CF airboxes. I saw Will Turner's e46 M3 when I was picking my car up once, and he popped the hood so I could take some pics. Boooooiiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggg!

Comment

332i, sounds like a hell of a package, I'm sure it's a powerhouse! Where are you making peak power? Torque? I'd be interested to see the dyno sheet.

Thanks,
                      Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Mc
                        332i, sounds like a hell of a package, I'm sure it's a powerhouse! Where are you making peak power? Torque? I'd be interested to see the dyno sheet.

Thanks,
                        Stu
                        Me too. I want to build a similar motor *someday*.

Comment

Is Dbilas the only place that would have the ITB's for the s52? I know BMP makes them for the m50, but I am not sure if they would work on an s52. Anybody know for sure?
                          They will definitely bolt up, although you may have clearance issues with the booster.

Unbelievable car by the way, I'd love a ride in it sometime.
                          '91 318is
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Mc

Thanks,
                            Stu
                            Peak power is at @6900rpms, and torque is at @5100rpms. My scanner has crapped the bed, so I can't post a pic of it right now. But just as soon as I "Office Space" my printer/scanner, and buy a new one, I will post it up for you guys. The dyno was done on TMS's dyna-packs in-house this last spring ('05). I"ll try and get a new scanner/printer this week, and post a pic up for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brew
                              Unbelievable car by the way, I'd love a ride in it sometime.
                              Next time I'm out in Mass, I'll give the board in general a shout. If you guys are willing to meet me in Newbury (or thereabouts), I'd let you guys give it a spin (just as long as you'd show proof of insurance, and promise not to R3V it).

Comment

Working...
                              X