• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Year and model of your E30: 1986 4 door
    -Intake manifold used in swap: M54B30 intake manifold
    -Brake booster donor car: E34 525i
    -Brake booster part number: (unknown)
    -Brake booster manufacturer and manufacturer PN or identifying marks: Lucas/girling
    -Parts needed: tandem brake booster, E34 5 series master cylinder (or Mercedes master cylinder if you want to keep oem brake lines and routing) E34 or Mercedes reservoir
    -Modifications needed: brake booster spacer has to be bolted off, pushing rod shortened approx 5cm and re-threatened. 2 holes in firewall have to be drilled larger.
    -Comments on pedal feel and stopping power: pedal feels sharp and stiff after a few pumps.

Comment

Help please!

Swap s52 in e30 1987

S50 intake

Use the Porsche Brake booster, too big I cannot fit the intake :(

The motormount are the Revshift and the engine is sitting lower.

I would need at least one inch less.

I dont want to run booster less ... even if it’s a Race car

Comment

Hi Marc

I looked into your problem yesterday. While your swap is common and that people use successfully the 944 booster, the problem comes from your lowered engine with the revshift mounts. On a regular fitted motor, the booster sits right below the plenum's corner. Filling the fins is all that is needed. In your case, the plenum sits lower, and causes the interference. My suggestion is to move the brake booster by an inch toward the suspension tower. It can be done by redrilling the firewall, fitting a blocking plate, and drilling the brake pedal. use an M8 rod end instead of the clevis. The rod end shall be fitted IN the brake pedal. Call me tonight if you need details. I'll give you a female rod end. David can drill the pedal and cut the orignal tab... ;-)
        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Year and model of your E30: 1985 318 (formerly M10, formerly M42)
          -Intake manifold used in swap: M50TU (e34)
          -Brake booster donor car: Porsche 944 (ATE)
          -Brake booster part number: The ATE one
          -Brake booster manufacturer and manufacturer PN or identifying marks: ATE
          -Parts needed: None.
          -Modifications needed: Just had to thread the rod down a couple inches and then cut it off. Otherwise was direct bolt-up to firewall, to e30 M/C, and to pedal. Had to slightly shave IM. I'm using Condor solid mounts plus a couple washers, so plenty of clearance.
          -Comments on pedal feel and stopping power: Some people say it has "less boost" than stock e30, but I actually think it feels better. That said, my e30 booster was old/original and this one is brand-new, so who knows. My brakes feel better than ever
          -Other info: 1" smaller than stock e30, as we all know.

Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
          Track/street e21 build
          visit Condor Speed Shop
          visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

-Year and model of your E30: 1991 318is
            -Intake manifold used in swap: m50 OBD1
            -Brake booster donor car: 2009 e90
            -Brake booster part number: (if known)
            -Brake booster manufacturer and manufacturer PN or identifying marks: stock e90 booster
            -Parts needed: no parts needed, used e90 booster and master cylinder
            -Modifications needed: used the U-shaped e30 booster pedal bracket and welded it to the U-shaped bracket on the on the end of the rod on the e90 booster. It ended up being an exact fit. No cutting or re-threading needed. I did have to shave down a couple of fins on the intake manifold as they were almost touching the booster.

see my post about the subject here:

Comment

-Year and model of your E30: 1991 318i
              -Intake manifold used in swap: M50/S50
              -Brake booster manufacturer and manufacturer PN or identifying marks: BMW E83 X3 Brake booster, TRW manufactured
              -Parts needed: M12 brake line adapter (I used AGS BLF-48C-5)
              -Modifications needed: Need brake line adapters above for the E83 master cylinder, reduced diameter of rod and threaded for E30 joint, if i was going to do this again, would have drilled and tapped the E30 bracket.

More info and pics here

Comment

Year and model of your E30: 84 325es -Intake manifold used in swap: na
                -Brake booster donor car: 2017 328i
                -Brake booster part number: (if known)
                -Brake booster manufacturer and manufacturer PN or identifying marks: (if known)
                -Parts needed: stock sensor and connecting pin used
                -Modifications needed: 1/4 inch line to 3/16 line coupling.
                i didnt install yet but fitment is pretty simple. I didnt modify or fabricate anything. I used coupling to reduce 1/4 line to 3/16.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Aidanscott; 09-11-2022, 06:58 PM.

Comment

So my understanding is the standard e90 booster is 25/22mm M/C piston sizes? My understanding the M3 is 25/23mm can anyone confirm? does the M3 one bolt straight on?
                  89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Well, the realoem listing says 23.81, and doesn't indicate that it's stepped for ABS.
                    Standard ABS is what, 23/17 or something like that, while the non-
                    ABS and early ABS is straight 22mm.

I race with the 84 318, which is 22/23, and gives just a little too much rear, which I can then use a pressure valve to limit- works really well.
                    But that's with the mandated stock booster... I cheat like a rug.

t
                    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                      Well, the realoem listing says 23.81, and doesn't indicate that it's stepped for ABS.
                      Standard ABS is what, 23/17 or something like that, while the non-
                      ABS and early ABS is straight 22mm.

I race with the 84 318, which is 22/23, and gives just a little too much rear, which I can then use a pressure valve to limit- works really well.
                      But that's with the mandated stock booster... I cheat like a rug.

t
                      i mean the e90 m3.

its usually embossed on the M/C itself on the port on newer M/C and i thought i saw a pic of the M3 one but i cant seem to find this so idk

89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

i mean the e90 m3.

its usually embossed on the M/C itself on the port on newer M/C and i thought i saw a pic of the M3 one but i cant seem to find this so idk
                        After doing some research the e90 m3 is 26mm/22mm and e60 is 27mm/22mm. anyone know if the e60 M/c bolts on? looks about the same

Last edited by digger; 02-12-2024, 02:59 AM.

Comment

is anyone using the e90 booster and M/C (25/22) with big caliers 60mm fr and 40mm rr e.g. e36 m3 calipers with 5lug or similar? how did the pedal end up? very light and long travel or is it ok?

Comment

-Year and model of your E30: 89 325is RHD vehicle

-Intake manifold used in swap: m20 RHD ITB setup with own custom airbox. PLanning a new airbox and trumpets hence the mod as it creates more space

-Brake booster donor car: e93 320d

-Brake booster part number:34336779733

-Brake booster manufacturer and manufacturer PN or identifying marks: i thought TRW make them but cant be sure? it has single vacuum port, i oriented port closest to engine but it was on the otherside on the doner vehicle. some have 2 vacuumm ports just block one off.

-Parts needed:
                            e93 booster 34336779733
                            e90/92/93 m/c RHS version with ports on outside 25/22 34336785664​
                            e93 clevis pin 34336753646
                            spring clip 07129904567
                            new o-ring for M/C 34311160617
                            new bung for M/C reservoir 2 x 34311160133
                            rubber hose for remote mount reservoir
                            remote reservoir 2002 bottle FTE brand p/n 9790000
                            connector for M/C to fit hoses for remote reservoir 2 x 34321102282
                            Booster vacuum port bung 34336765316
                            2 x M10x1 bubble tube nuts
                            2 x M12x1 bubble tube nuts
                            3/16" cunifer brake line
                            flare tool https://www.amazon.co.uk/Laser-TOOLS...01N39OIKA?th=1
                            line cutter

-Modifications needed:
                            booster unmodfied as clevis bolts right up with RHD vehicles as the clevis position is within a couple mm or the stock one but you adjust the brake light switch as required as pedal height changes a bit
                            to fit booster trim away the firewall insulation with a box cutter and/or scissors
                            trim the plastic firewall clips that retain the hard lines near the booster and lightly massage the lines by hand so boosters sits flush on firewall
                            i made two (2) new lines from ABS unit to the M/C using cunifer 3/16" tube and M10x1 tube nuts at one end (ABS) and M12x1 at the other end (M/C).
                            i dissassembled the rear pressure limiting device and removed the guts and reassmbled (optional step)

-Comments on pedal feel and stopping power: Brake are best they ever felt. i did this with 300mm.de 4x100 312x28 FR and 294x19 RR setup fully rebuilt with new pistons the e34 540i front calipers (60mm piston) and e36 m3 rear calipers (40mm piston)

after replacing almost entire brake system sans hardlines and ABS ujnit bleeding took a few goes and suggest using a Motive pressure bleeder with BMW adapter and following the steps in link a couple times or you wont get the system bled and pedal will be long and soft

I have a 1990 E30 325i Convertible. The brakes have always been less than perfect, so after fitting a new master cylinder along with ne...

you could try a e92 m3 or e60 m5 M/C if you want a harder pedal but the 25/22 seems pretty close to perfect for my preferences.

Comment

Working...
                            X