Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 318is slicktop S52 swapped

SOLD 1991 318is with an S52 swap.

This is a solid, rust free slicktop E30 with 16x,xxx miles.

I have owned since it had the original M42, a few years ago we purchase a 97 M3, removed the drivetrain, harness, etc and donated it to the E30.

The E30 has a crack free dash, excellent interior, Sparco seats, auxiliary gauges, and Alcantara MTech 2 wheel.

It has a full Spec E30 suspension, poly bushings, Rota 15x8 wheels, stainless brake lines, and clean rust free suspension parts.

The S52 has an M50 manifold, a full harness rebuild from Markert Motorsports, with the elimination of all unecessary components, downstream O2 sensors, cats, etc. Poly motor mounts, recent Vanos rebuild. Vibrant resonator and muffler plus a Mishimoto aluminum radiator.

This car is mechanically perfect, sounds awesome, and needs nothing.

The only issue is an intermittent speedometer, we repaired solder joints a couple years ago but we must have missed one.

This was a professional swap completed by one of my technicians that previously was a Jaguar tech.

The body is excellent, from the doors back the paint is original, the front has been repainted in the past prior to my ownership.

This is a great example of a solid, well built swapped E30.

Asking $14,000 or best offer.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CNYMIKE; 08-26-2019, 06:25 PM.

More pictures

More pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

More Pictures

More Pictures
      Attached Files

Comment

Dang, nice car. Mine is in Penn Yan, NY right now. 244k on original m42...hoping to find the right s52. Those seats and steering wheel are sweet. Shoot me a pm if you don't mind me asking where you sourced the seats and steering wheel. GLWS
        1991 318is
        2004 330ci
        2011 335d

Comment

Question

Does it have a clean title?
          Last edited by Javier h; 04-05-2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Nope, he left that part out. This was a RNM auction on BAT

Comment

Title and more info

So technically by the title in my possession it is clear. I had also run a report when the car was purchased and it was clear then. However currently the carfax report does show that it was issued a salvage title as a result of an accident in 1999. I have to believe it was a case of a car that was not very valuable at the time, then one of extensive damage. The rear of the car has never been impacted, the only area showing signs of previous damage is the right front.

I have attached the link to the Bring a Trailer auction which as the previous post states, the reserve was not met. This link has the carfax report, picture of the clear title, many pictures including the right front.

Bottom line, this is a nearly 30 year old car that is still to this day an excelllent vehicle. I will be happy to answer any and all questions regarding condition, maintenance, history, etc.

I may as well state it here too, don’t let the racy looks fool you, it is not, was not ever used as a track car, autocrossed, or any other racing activity. It was a street driven vehicle period.

Comment

If the reserve wasnt met on BaT, thats probably the market talking.

Swap looks nice though. Good luck

Comment

Best Offer

Updated price, make me an offer.

Comment

S52 swap

Is this car still available?

Comment

Yes, it is available.

Comment

It it still available.

Comment