X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonny's Weak M10 Build

Originally posted by Powling View Post
    Its more relevant here than in the nonsense thread.

Hey so I have an issue, car is on ground but my lock nut on passenger side won’t stop turning even with a jack putting pressure underneath as the driver side never needed anything and bolted right up. It is number 5 on the diagram. Thank you!

Comment

Take the ball joint back out of the hole make sure both the hole and tapered balljoint shaft are clean and dry. Re install.

If you managed to damage the threads on the way in, that can also make it more difficult to stop the spinning. You can repair the threads with a thread file if that is the case.
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Sonny's Weak M10 Build

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
        Take the ball joint back out of the hole make sure both the hole and tapered balljoint shaft are clean and dry. Re install.

If you managed to damage the threads on the way in, that can also make it more difficult to stop the spinning. You can repair the threads with a thread file if that is the case.

I’m so heartbroken, car just needs to be tightened up and I can’t do it. Can I I need to order a lock nut instead? The nut just keeps spinning and the inside of it seems like it’s being pushing out, the part that it’s suppose to cut and lock into, I think my problem was trying to tighten it without pushing from the bottom and the car still in the air?, could I have threaded a screw? Should I try a new bolt before taking off the whole control arm again?

Comment

What kind of tests can I do to see what damage I’ve gotten? No more than 20mph wheel came off and oil pan wasn’t touched. Control arm inner tie rod where hit hard which I hope didn’t cause damage to the subframe as I just spent an hour bolting that exact bolt above it.

Comment

Glad you're ok man, a wheel falling off is no joke.
            I do things.

Comment

Test?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post

What kind of tests can I do to see what damage I’ve gotten? No more than 20mph wheel came off and oil pan wasn’t touched. Control arm inner tie rod where hit hard which I hope didn’t cause damage to the subframe as I just spent an hour bolting that exact bolt above it.

You sure about that ?

Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                  You sure about that ?

Just did double take, box cracks , minor brush, but control arm inner ball joint connected to subframe took a big hit. Is it possible to damage the subframe or no way to do so?

Comment

Just did double take, box cracks , minor brush, but control arm inner ball joint connected to subframe took a big hit. Is it possible to damage the subframe or no way to do so?
                    It's made of steel, it can be destroyed.

Check it out, look at all the mounting points for cracks, and check around for areas that would have been impacted by the control arm, steering linkage, or sway bar.

You'll need to do a little detective work.
                    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                      It's made of steel, it can be destroyed.

Check it out, look at all the mounting points for cracks, and check around for areas that would have been impacted by the control arm, steering linkage, or sway bar.

You'll need to do a little detective work.

Yes I will! Sway bar so far looks okay and all mounting, I’m really worried about hidden damage but hopefully there is nothing.

Comment

Yes I will! Sway bar so far looks okay and all mounting, I’m really worried about hidden damage but hopefully there is nothing.
                        There's nothing really "hidden" in that area of the car, the box frame rails that everything bolts into are easily seen, removing the fender liner will show you all the material between the fender and the unibody shell.

A flash light and a little time will let you see all you need to see.
                        If the subframe and shock tower mounts are fine, and the control arm parts are fine, then you're good to go, everything should align. Just replace the rotor, hub, and whatever else got damaged.
                        I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                          There's nothing really "hidden" in that area of the car, the box frame rails that everything bolts into are easily seen, removing the fender liner will show you all the material between the fender and the unibody shell.

A flash light and a little time will let you see all you need to see.

If the subframe and shock tower mounts are fine, and the control arm parts are fine, then you're good to go, everything should align. Just replace the rotor, hub, and whatever else got damaged.

Okay understood, hopefully the slow speed helped my case. Thank you so so much

Comment

Sonny's Weak M10 Build

Easy rustproofing.
                            Spray in holes along car’s frame and done. Avoid overspray wipe instantly.

Will update when I order this as it’s needed to deal with a spider problem of mine in the car.

Comment

Brake cooling ideas alongside both front hubs, what’s the recommended brand for hubs ?

Comment

F.A.G. hubs are the ones you want.
                                Originally posted by kronus
                                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                                X