A 50 year old Japanesse lady: SRL311 01228

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
    You should post mine up with yours to show the differences.

Will
    As you wish...Per Wills request, here is the flow numbers on his head. Same bench, same time, much better results!

Lets see what mine will end up at when Rich is done.

Also, the cam was sent out today to Schneider cams. Shits about to get real!
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Wills exhaust CFM is a lot different than yours!

It will be interesting to see what power you can gain from your engine.
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
        Wills exhaust CFM is a lot different than yours!

It will be interesting to see what power you can gain from your engine.
        Yes, Wills cylinderhead has a lot of work done to it by a known shop, mine is completely stock.... for a little while longer :devil:

Im probably going to leave the intake side stock and have him spend time on the exhaust side. I had planned to put in a 284/294 dual pattern cam, but final call will be from the expert, as Im not a guy who does this for a living.

The car will definitely hit the dyno when its all done to see what it makes.
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Still waiting for the head, but I think we're close to getting it done . In the mean time, I also sent out my damper to Damper Doctor to have it "rebuilt" whatever that is!... haha

Before

After

Now about that head....
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

So did they rebalance it or something?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
              So did they rebalance it or something?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Probably.

A rebuilt damper would also include replacing the rubber, effectively making the harmonic balancer new again.
              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Nearly done with school for good and finally got some decent weather and time paired up to get some work done. I painted the pass side of the engine bay, took a step back and its obvious I HAVE to paint the firewall too...

As much as I dont want to work around the brake lines, it seems like the better move is to actually remove them and have less obstructions in the way of the paint. Hopefully by the time my cylinderhead is done along with the custom cam, I will have all the paint work done, and the rear diff swapped over.

I figure that since I have to disconnect the brake lines to get the axles out far enough to swap the diff, I might as well also pull the brake lines in the engine bay so I can finish the engine bay color-matching. It doesnt look too close, but thats because you're looking at a dusty, dirty body and fresh paint. I have a few other things I want to get done while the car isnt running so that when Im done, Im done.

I miss driving her, but the weather hasnt been that nice anyways
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

lol
                  Last edited by 2mAn; 03-23-2019, 09:49 AM. Reason: stop posting craigslist ads on my thread people! lol

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Finally got some time in the garage, and ironically I'm about done with school, but somehow my cylinderhead isnt, so I think at this point I can officially say that I will miss Solvang this year. Being content with that allows me time to get some of the other things done that I was going to delay until after Solvang. I didnt get any pics, but one thing I finally did was to finish drilling out the plates for the rollbar. I also redid the insulation on the header. No Pics of either because its just not very interesting. I have a bigger plan that Im working on, but I finally ran the wires to the battery kill switch. Excited to get this part closer to a reality.

The kill switch is one of the major safety items I need that will get crossed off once its all wrapped up. The other piece is the fire suppression system and I am hoping to finally purchase that soon too. Theres a few other things going on " behind the scenes" but rest assured once its time I will share those too. So excited to be working on the car again.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

I guess the car is ready for an RB right?

Comment

Dude the engine bay paint is coming along nicely and the mechanical work is making progress!!!

-
                        Project
                        Parts for Sale
                        Feedback
                        YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                          I guess the car is ready for an RB right?
                          Nope. Never. This one keeps the U20 motor and Mikuni carbs.

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
                          Dude the engine bay paint is coming along nicely and the mechanical work is making progress!!!
                          Thanks Alex! The firewall is going to be a major b!tch to paint, so I might do a Win-Win-Win substitute
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Have you consider taking a paint brush to the fire wall? If you took your time you knock it out pretty easily. And it will be mostly covered anyway. Maybe spray paint part of the firewall and paint brush the rest?
                            How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

I was going to suggest the same thing.
                              Mask and paint brush.

-
                              Project
                              Parts for Sale
                              Feedback
                              YouTube Channel

Comment

Those are respectable flow numbers, and that U20 already made respectable power for a 2L I4 from the 60s.

IG @turbovarg
                                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                                [CoTM: 4-18]
                                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                                - updated 3-17

Comment

Working...
                                X