Need new cat. Any recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need new cat. Any recommendations?

My stock cat on my 88 325is has finally bit the dust (after 30 years of service, I'm not too surprised).

Been shopping around and noticed Bosal seems to make a decent setup that looks pretter similar to stock (I'd like to keep it as close to stock as possible). Part # BOSAL 0615010. Oh and my muffler tips are looking pretty crusty too (OEM muffler replaced back in the late 90s). Wouldn't mind replacing everything from front to back.

Any other recommendations? I'm looking for something comparable to stock as everything else is mostly stock on my ride.

thanks in advance!
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

I recommend a grey tabby male. I had one of those and he was awesome. Then my girlfriend and I broke up and she took him to her new apprtment. Still miss that little guy.

Comment

:nice:

Comment

Hey Stanley when you decide what to do please do post. I am in the same boat in all respects (except the cat).

Comment

will do, dack!

Comment

Bumping this thread as I get more creative ideas.

Currently considering a pair of resonators, similar to those in the link below:

Has anyone done anything similar?

These would be installed in place of the OEM cat. Not sure what dimensions I'll need, other than the stock tubing is 1.75 inches in diameter (would these be too long?). I'd like the appearance to look as close to stock as possible. Anyone know how long the stock cat setup is?

thanks in advance

Comment

Why not find someone parting a car, that has a good, used catalyst, and install that on your car? The factory units were built with great quality, far superior to those of the universal ones.

Ooooooooor, you could make the trip down south, and buy my whole exhaust system :)
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Magnaflow part # 332037

Comment

I don't think I want a cat anymore. And I'd also like to stay true to the dual exhaust setup, no "two into one into two" nonsense. Similar to how the stock setup is.

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
                    Why not find someone parting a car, that has a good, used catalyst, and install that on your car? The factory units were built with great quality, far superior to those of the universal ones.

Ooooooooor, you could make the trip down south, and buy my whole exhaust system :)
                    That's a good idea, but I'd rather go with something new. Nothing worse than installing something used, just to have it fail again on you.
                    My motto is: "Do it right the first time, or don't bother doing it at all".

Thanks for the offer, but I would like to stick with a dual setup that's similar to stock. The 2-1-2-1-2 etc on your exhaust just isn't my style, which is why i declined it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                      Thanks for the offer, but I would like to stick with a dual setup that's similar to stock. The 2-1-2-1-2 etc on your exhaust just isn't my style, which is why i declined it.
                      No worries. That’s my reason for wanting to sell it, also.
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                      X