1987 325is Stock Spoiler & Valence Resto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 325is Stock Spoiler & Valence Resto

I just picked up an '87 325is/5. It's black/black with 143k miles. I'm starting to dig through info for a restoration. I can't find the exact info I need from Google image searches and browsing the forum.

I'd like to understand what the front valence behind the is spoiler should look like with the correct ducts etc. Does anyone have any photos of a bone stock set up viewed from behind and in back of the is spoiler? I think my car is missing some parts but I have no idea what without a clean, stock reference car and never having had an E30.

Similarly, does anyone have any photos of a bone stock Euro bumper car with all the correct ducts etc. viewed from behind the spoiler? Was the is spoiler mounted on top/in front of the Euro valence PN 41331933772? Was the US is spoiler different than what was used in Europe in '87? It's not clear from Google searches as most cars are a mix of parts/converted US cars.

Thanks in advance!
    Nick, BMW CCA Member #425357

1987 BMW 325is, Schwarz
    2001 BMW M5, Anthractite Metallic
    2001 BMW Dinan 540i/6, Jet Black
    2000 BMW 540i/A, Biarritz Blue Metallic

The stock 87 325is front airdam is mounted to a US valance. The euro cars did not get the airdam that ours had. There is brake ducts that are usually missing. I pulled this picture off of Ebay to show them. Also the airdams nickname is "cowcatcher", so that may also help with your research.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Working...
    X