Fuel line quick disconnect fitting on e39 rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel line quick disconnect fitting on e39 rail

I need to replace my fuel lines from the fuel rail to the chassis with something better. Has anyone used the quick disconnect to barb fittings (Dorman 800-080)? I'd rather not spend $80 on new BMW fuel lines that I'll have to cut anyway. I like the idea of using a barb fitting with brand new 8x13mm fuel hose straight to the chassis hard lines. I'm using a fuel rail with integrated FPR from a '97 528i. I've never used quick disconnect fittings before so I'm a little unclear on how to do this properly or if those Dorman fittings will even work on a BMW line.
    '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
    '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Why not just slip the fuel line onto the fuel rail tubes and secure with a clamp?

Comment

Usually if there's not a barb, the rubber lines are easy to slide off even with a clamp. I may try it anyway.
      '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
      '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

The Dorman 800-080 is made for nylon tubing.

For use with rubber hose try 800-782 instead.
        5/16 In. Fuel Line Connector, Straight To 5/16 In. Barbed

The page says it's 3/8", but it's actually 5/16". I ordered one and was surprised.
        Also note the double barb... it can be double clamped. STRONGLY recommended for the supply line.

Comment

That's awesome. I'm rocking e36 fuel lines with the quick disconnect. They came with the motor. New ones are 100 bucks iirc....

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
            The Dorman 800-080 is made for nylon tubing.

For use with rubber hose try 800-782 instead.

The page says it's 3/8", but it's actually 5/16". I ordered one and was surprised.
            Also note the double barb... it can be double clamped. STRONGLY recommended for the supply line.
            That's great to hear! So, these are working for you with no problems? If so, I'm going to order some.

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
            That's awesome. I'm rocking e36 fuel lines with the quick disconnect. They came with the motor. New ones are 100 bucks iirc....
            Looks like you're in the same boat as me. The BMW fuel hoses with the quick disconnect are stupid expensive!
            Last edited by Codym42; 04-14-2019, 08:15 PM.
            '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
            '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

I'm not using it yet... like I said, I thought I was ordering 3/8 and was surprised :p

The 3/8 version is only available with a 90 degree bend, so I'm organizing my hoses around that.

This is for a non-BMW app.

Comment

I just ordered the Dorman 800-120 (which are actually supposed to be 5/16") along with a set of Lisle 39400 quick disconnect tools on Amazon. I'll update on how well this works.
                '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
                '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

Just to update, the Dorman 800-120 connectors work great! I've driven about 75 miles so far and no leaks! I used these and some brand new 8x13 fuel hose and everything was good.
                  '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
                  '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

Working...
                  X