4 door rear window motor help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 door rear window motor help

I am getting voltage to the passenger rear window motor, and can hear it click when I go up or down, but nothing happens, I tried to take the motor off the regulator, but can't get to the top bolt. Anyone have experience trying to take them out to clean?

And sometimes my driver's side rear window doesn't work when the door is open, thinking it's a stuck motor and when I slam the door it frees it up enough.

Anyone know how to take the motor out? I can't get to the top screw based on how its so close to the door.

Top bolt? The motor is oriented vertically in the rear, the screws are on the left or right of the motor. You should have access to both torx screws holding the motor to the regulator.

The motors do get stuck or fail themselves, but usually after years of abuse from completely gunked up regulators. The lubricant used in the regulator turns rock hard.

Remove the motor, so you can manually move the window, clean out the regulator guides, replace any of the guide clips, and re-lube with garage door lubricant or lithium grease.

If you still can't get to the motor torx screws, then just unbolt the whole regulator assembly and remove it. Make sure you have someone holding the window so it doesn't drop on you.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 04-08-2019, 07:11 AM.

Comment

The motor is horizontal on my window, and there are no cutoffs to get to the torx screws, I see two on the bottom right next to each other but the motor runs horizontally towards the hindge of the door, do I just need a ultra short torx screw driver

Comment

That or flexible extensions should work, can you take a picture? I'm curious how it looks.

Comment

Just so everyone knows, the only way I was able to take the motor off was to remove the whole track and shift the assembly over towards the lock mechanism, was only about 4 inches but I was enough to get a small torx key in there and really get it out. Took a while but easy

Comment

Working...
          X