Is this valve required for 24v swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this valve required for 24v swap?

This is my first post on these forums so hello everyone ����.

I just bought a 1991 318is that’s been s50 swapped, runs great but I’m working out some of the kinks and bugs the PO left during the swap and as I’m pretty well versed in the m50/52 engine owning a few e36s it’s been going smooth, but I ran into something I need a bit of clarification on. I found what I’m assuming is the charcoal canister purge/vent valve but it’s just tucked away beneath some wires and I’m wondering if it should be in line somewhere or just left dangling? If it should be in line then on what line am I installing it on? I’m attaching a picture for reference, any info will be much appreciated. Thanks and I hope to contribute in the future ����

Last edited by Outran_e30; 04-19-2019, 08:07 AM.

I believe a line runs to the intake manifold and another to the charcoal canister.

Comment

There’s the TB hose that runs to the canister beneath and another hose the goes from the canister to the hard line that runs back to the gas tank, am I installing it on the line from the canister to the tank? Thanks for your input if anyone else help clear it up I’d really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Outran_e30 View Post
        There’s the TB hose that runs to the canister beneath and another hose the goes from the canister to the hard line that runs back to the gas tank, am I installing it on the line from the canister to the tank? Thanks for your input if anyone else help clear it up I’d really appreciate it.
        No. From canister to tb. That is not really vital part to get engine running, but depending on your local emission requirements, it might be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by pazi88 View Post
          No. From canister to tb. That is not really vital part to get engine running, but depending on your local emission requirements, it might be needed.
          The car runs good but failed emissions because the inspector spotted it laying around. Hence why I’m asking. Thanks for your input 👍🏽

Comment

Not sure if my results are directly related to this but that’s the egr valve and on my s52 swap I had been running the car with out this setup and was getting really poor gas mileage and as of two days ago I installed the whole setup and there’s a night and day diff in mpgs.

Comment

Does anyone have a diagram for this.
              I'm looking to bar my s50 and I'm sure I'm going to encounter similar obstacles along the way.
              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                Does anyone have a diagram for this.
                I'm looking to bar my s50 and I'm sure I'm going to encounter similar obstacles along the way.
                That would be nice to get, I know it sounds silly too but I cant figure out the orientation of how it should sit in the line. The plug should be pointing upward normally iirc I’ll install it tomorrow and see how it runs.

Originally posted by Kush&OJ View Post
                Not sure if my results are directly related to this but that’s the egr valve and on my s52 swap I had been running the car with out this setup and was getting really poor gas mileage and as of two days ago I installed the whole setup and there’s a night and day diff in mpgs.
                This is another reason I prefer to get it back where it belongs if the canister is always getting vacuum it could be messing with economy.

Comment

What color are the wires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Its typically included to avoid a CEL when it wasn't coded out. Just want hid well enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Outran_e30 View Post
                      That would be nice to get, I know it sounds silly too but I cant figure out the orientation of how it should sit in the line. The plug should be pointing upward normally iirc I’ll install it tomorrow and see how it runs.

This is another reason I prefer to get it back where it belongs if the canister is always getting vacuum it could be messing with economy.
                      Found these pics off RealOEM, they might help.
                      Attached Files
                      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Working...
                      X