Possible Fuel Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Fuel Issue?

I have a 91 325i engine swapped in my tii, the car has ran perfect for years. but recently. I have noticed that on cold starts it wants to die out, I let the car warm up for a few minutes and it idles back to normal. I also notice if I am at a stop light and slightly quickly hit the gas peddle the car feels like it wants to stall, almost as if there is not enough fuel. I have to gradually press the gas peddle not to get that effect.

I replaced the OEM injectors with some mustang 4 nozle ones, since my oem ones were clogged with junk. but note that I had this issue with the OEM ones on the car. so I dont think the upgraded injectors are causing this issue. I have also swapped the ecu just to make sure it was not the DME, but the problem consist. I am thinking maybe a vac leak? ICV was swapped also with no difference. Blue and white sensors for the temp gauge were also replaced.

Have you put a gauge on fuel pressure? What is it?
    '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
    NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
    Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
      Have you put a gauge on fuel pressure? What is it?
      Unfortunately I have not. Maybe something i should look into.

Comment

Also if the car has the cold start valve, it might be needed for acceleration enrichment. I don't know enough about the m20 and fueling setup to tell you more
        '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
        NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
        Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

honestly sounds like a vac leak

also, I'd swap back to your old injectors, there are two types of green tops and one will cause the car to barely run and actually die out if you open the throttle. you may have gotten the wrong ones.
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
            honestly sounds like a vac leak

also, I'd swap back to your old injectors, there are two types of green tops and one will cause the car to barely run and actually die out if you open the throttle. you may have gotten the wrong ones.
            I am sourcing out some clean or refurb oem injectors. I am hoping its not a wiring issue...

Comment

Working...
            X