Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1991 318is Brilliantrot

Sold!!!

For sale is a very clean original example of a 1991 318is. The car was sold new in California and remained on the west coast until January of 2019. It has zero rust and is in fantastic shape given it’s age. The car was always looked after and it shows. (I have service records dating back to the early 2000’s)

Details

1991 318is Brilliantrot 188k miles - All vin tags are present, paint is original with the exception of the drivers door and quarter panel. Body is in very good shape with just a few door dings. Paint is in very nice shape and cleans up very well. Small dent on the front valence.
    Tan Cloth Interior - Seats are in very nice shape without any tears, Dash has ZERO cracks.
    All functions work: windows, lights, antenna, heater, odometer, radio etc...
    Engine and transmission are in great shape. I have owned a couple of 318’s and this one definitely feels a lot stronger then the others, it pulls hard to redline without any hesitation. Transmission shifts nice and smooth without any clunks
    Suspension feels nice and solid and does not make any noises

Maintenance

Rack and pinion replaced at 125,000
    Oil pan gasket replaced at 141,000
    Heater core replaced at 161,000
    Valve cover gasket replaced at 171,000
    Brakes 170,000
    Front Suspension refreshed at 170,000
    Tires 175,000
    Battery replaced March 2017

Things that may need attention

Cluster light bulb on the right side needs to be replaced.
    AC does not blow cold
    Clear coat has started to peel on the top of the drivers quarter panel
    Mirrors could use a repaint
    Rear bushings should be replaced. They are ok for now but a fresh set will really help the rear feel a bit more planted.

Overall the car is an excellent example of a 318is that gets plenty of compliments everywhere it goes. It is an absolute pleasure to drive and I would not hesitate to take it across county tomorrow. Mileage will continue to go up as I try and drive it as often as I can. The only reason for the sale is that have my eye on an E34 M5. Clean title in my name and I can also share the carfax report with those who are interested

Additional photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HPj9QRi6efbSyBSg8

Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Last edited by e dub; 08-17-2019, 02:43 PM.

Very nice.

Loving the cloth interior!

GLWS!
    90 Bronzit 325is
    16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
      Very nice.

Loving the cloth interior!

GLWS!
      Thanks!

Comment

Nice car! I too am liking the tan cloth in such relatively nice shape. I always wanted a brilliantrot 318iS to scoot around town in.

If I was back in Chicago, I'd be taking a look. E34 M5 will be sweet! GLWS!
        1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Wow - beautiful condition at a great price!

Todd Z.

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
            Nice car! I too am liking the tan cloth in such relatively nice shape. I always wanted a brilliantrot 318iS to scoot around town in.

If I was back in Chicago, I'd be taking a look. E34 M5 will be sweet! GLWS!
            Thanks! The tan cloth is part of the reason I went for this car. It’s nice to have seats that are not scorching hot during the summer.

The e34 M5 has always been a car I lusted after but never had the courage to buy one. The time has come so I am excited to see what the e34 world has to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by toddz69 View Post
              Wow - beautiful condition at a great price!

Todd Z.
              Thanks Todd! I spent the day cleaning up all the plastic/rubber moldings so it looks a bit cleaner now.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                X