The Junkyard Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
    This HAS crossed my mind, but since the M20B20 in there runs great, all it needs is a trans (2nd gear is gone on current), and possibly matching ds and diff. That would be the easiest, cheapest, and quickest way to get it driving reliably.

Next level up is swap in an E30 M20B25 drivetrain, since it is a very simple and straightforward swap, and 168 hp is better than 120.

Next level is M30B35, but that is more involved, and I would have to buy more stuff, spend more $$. If I were to go that far, I may as well just go to the...

Next level, which is an M60B40 + 6-speed swap. THIS is the swap I do plan on doing next summer. I already have the 6-speed trans, and M60B40s are a dime a dozen, and I believe I have all the fab capabilities to do it, and most of all, i WANT to do it bad. Lightweight motor, gobs of power and torque, AMAZING sound, and pleeenty of parts in the junkyards for dirt.
    I like the idea of a m60b40 swap.

Comment

^^ Is that yours?

Comment

Yeah, I am still working on it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by g3n0cid3 View Post
          Yeah, I am still working on it as well.

verrry interesting.

What motor is that? M60 or M62? What trans?

Comment

M60b40 Alusil, and although you can see the pressure plate and flywheel in the pic I have a Getrag 420g 6sp trans to mount.

Comment

Originally posted by g3n0cid3 View Post
              M60b40 Alusil, and although you can see the pressure plate and flywheel in the pic I have a Getrag 420g 6sp trans to mount.
              That must be the same trans sitting in my garage. I got it from a '95 540i/6.

Totally a bad ass build, that E30 is going to be balls to the walls fast.

I can't wait to do this to my euro E28.

What did you do to remotely mount the brake booster? Did you just modify an E34 540i booster to fit?

Comment

The transmission is from an E39. As far as the booster goes, it is an E34 M60 booster with the lower bracket cut for height. I bolted mine to the wheel well and made a bracket and attached it to the front of the booster to eliminate any horizontal movement.
                Last edited by g3n0cid3; 11-03-2011, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Pull N Save at 33rd and Peoria has an '88 Vert. 2 BBS wheels. Crack free dash, but the passenger side is slightly deformed. 89 Sedan, mostly trashed. E21 320 w/ black cloth comfort seats front and rear, no tears or rips, even on the driver's side. If I didn't have E21 recaros I would get these for sure. Might still get the rears. The E28 is still there w/ wheels. Better hurry. Snagged a working rear motorized antenna, but went with the Z3 style off a Jetta.
                  JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Has anyone been to the yards lately? Looking for a good ellipsoid, fogs, maybe some snows.

Comment

Has anyone seen a late model e30 around? I need the rear valence for my 86 and some random e30 stuff..
                      I went today to metal movers on tower there's an e36 with what looked like a m52. Didn't pay much attention to it..

Comment

i have not been to the yards lately. too busy w/ school/work.

Comment

Can someone point me towards a yard where I can get a half-shaft for my car? '87 325is, for those that don't know. I'll be coming from Winter Park, so closer to Denver/Boulder areas is ideal.
                          Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                          You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

So I need to find out who has a Getrag 260 in their junkyard. That means any M20 powered BMW.

Anyone know of any?

Looks like there are a couple M20 cars in the Colo Springs upullandpay ('89 325is and '89 525i). Can someone verify that one of them is there and shifting ok? I don't want to drive 4 hours for nothing.

Oh and Andy, I have a half shaft for you, even though you posted that like 3 months ago.

Comment

There was an eta at Colorado Auto and Parts off Santa Fe.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                                There was an eta at Colorado Auto and Parts off Santa Fe.
                                good info. Any idea if the trans is still there?

Comment

Working...
                                X