Eastwood 2k Aerosol sprays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eastwood 2k Aerosol sprays

I tried this to paint my re-worked trailing arms and subframe. Powdercoating was fancier than what I wanted, but I didn't want Krylon, either.

The Eastwood 2k sprays are about $20 and are true catalyzed paints, more like epoxy than paint. It sprays nice and is tough as nails. It looks identical to the factory finish.

You do need a respirator to spray it. Highly recommend!
    Attached Files

Interesting option for when I have my subframe out in the spring. In August I did a ton of rust repair to the floors and front end of my e30 using Eastwood's products, namely the rust encapsulator, internal frame coating, and rubberized undercoat. Seems like good stuff. Used the 2k primer to paint my valence as well, then sprayed over it with color matched cans from a local shop.

Eastwood's is expensive as heck but for most applications it seems worth it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

I've used their clear before, and once you wet sand and polish, it's about as durable as professional job. But like anything paint related - prep is the key.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I’ve seen professionals use this for touch up or blending so its a good product.

I just wish there was a way to get 2k for small touch up. I find small blemishes (ie small rust bubble etc), especially when I take parts off. Would be nice to use epoxy but it’s hard to justify $20/can when all you need is 1/10th of the volume.
        ------------------------------------
        01.5 S4 Avant - Sold
        88 325iS - In pieces
        91 e34 - Totaled by some dumbass
        90 325i - Daily
        06 e91 - Sold

feedback thread

Comment

this'll be perfect for the engine bay and frame of the truck I'm restoring... was looking for a product exactly like this
          '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
          Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
          X