Replacing the E30 Heater Core and Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tenkaichibudokai View Post
    Can anybody tell me how to remove this black plastic vent? I can only see one screw on the bottom right which I took off but I can't see anywhere else it's attached to.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk
    If I remember correctly, try lifting it up and pulling. It has these little clips that attach to something deeper in the dashboard. Its just one screw and just basically lift it up and pull It out.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Comment

They sell two different heater core valves one with the two crew holes on the clamp facing the the heater core is much cheaper. How can I tell which one I need prior to taking the old one out?

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderzol View Post
        They sell two different heater core valves one with the two crew holes on the clamp facing the the heater core is much cheaper. How can I tell which one I need prior to taking the old one out?
        you could try checking RealOEM, but the best thing would be to peak at what you have as it's likely that the part superseded the other and wasn't a model year difference, but worth checking.

Comment

call me crazy, but i always install used ones. the new style heater valves are rubbish that hardly last a couple years. all the US spec e30s with factory air conditioning take the same heater valve, but if you have any questions, certainly reference your VIN on RealOEM.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
          X