OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
    We had a m52b28 in there prior and the m54b28 makes a little more midrange power, little less top end.... likely from the slightly different head ports.

The cams, manifolds, electronics were all re-used; mainly because of lack of time —>using easiest available resources (this m54b28)
    Gotcha, makes sense. For some reason I think frankenmotors are super cool since the combinations never came from the factory.
    Originally posted by Melon
    Engine work takes patience and finesse.

Suspension work takes anger, a big fucking hammer, and a torch.

Comment

Originally posted by CMBusch View Post
      Gotcha, makes sense. For some reason I think frankenmotors are super cool since the combinations never came from the factory.

Need is the best forced innovation; it s a great combo for someone looking for a replacement engine as the older m52/m50 engines are quite often tired. Much easier to come across a complete good running e46 for cheap nowadays or at least the m54

Frankie is headed to Sonoma Friday!

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
        Need is the best forced innovation; it s a great combo for someone looking for a replacement engine as the older m52/m50 engines are quite often tired. Much easier to come across a complete good running e46 for cheap nowadays or at least the m54

Frankie is headed to Sonoma Friday!
        Agreed. My points exactly. Thankfully 2 out of my 3 M50's that I have are in decent shape. This also gives M54s a future purpose, rather than being turned into a wine bottle holder.

Let us know how it goes!
        Originally posted by Melon
        Engine work takes patience and finesse.

Suspension work takes anger, a big fucking hammer, and a torch.

Comment

Originally posted by CMBusch View Post
          Agreed. My points exactly. Thankfully 2 out of my 3 M50's that I have are in decent shape. This also gives M54s a future purpose, rather than being turned into a wine bottle holder.

Let us know how it goes!

Frankie did 2:07 at thill east in testing..... Sonoma should be great.

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Picked up an M52TU, with an interest in trying out this swap. I was curious on how you closed the gap near the exhaust side of the vanos cover?

Sorry to bring up an old thread

Comment

You can do whatever you want. It’s your car

Comment

I loved my M54. Megasquirt3, M50 intake, Schrick cams and headers, it put down 250whp and was an incredibly easy swap compared to the N52.

Comment

Old thread bump FTW. It means you’re actually reading and searching.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                  @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                  X