Rear convertible speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mixedbyjairo View Post
    I thought I would share this with you guys I got these Rockford Fosgate R1525X2 speakers for the rear of my convertible they're not best but they are above the stock , about the same bass range nice mids and sense it has a Tweeter highs are much better simple switch you find them for about $30/$40 for the pair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Does anyone know how to open up the cover to the speaker? I just don't want to pull and break the cover or plastic pin. Thanks
    92 Alpine White 325iC M-Tech II Appearance Package

Comment

Originally posted by Prost View Post
      Does anyone know how to open up the cover to the speaker? I just don't want to pull and break the cover or plastic pin. Thanks
      There are 3 tension clips across the top of the panel. Gently pry the top outward and you can see them. I use a thin screwdriver or trim removal bar to press the clips down to release the panel. I dont recommend just pulling on it as the clips tend to get old and brittle. On the bright side they are still available new and pretty cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by PDXPeter View Post
        There are 3 tension clips across the top of the panel. Gently pry the top outward and you can see them. I use a thin screwdriver or trim removal bar to press the clips down to release the panel. I dont recommend just pulling on it as the clips tend to get old and brittle. On the bright side they are still available new and pretty cheap.
        Thanks
        92 Alpine White 325iC M-Tech II Appearance Package

Comment

+1 for trim removal tool, and for new clips. Removing panels, I try to pry a little at a time, starting on one end (not middle). The plastic had cracked in the middle on one side of mine, it's pretty weak with all the stock perforations. Not visible since it's under the vinyl but something to watch for. The new clips seem to be less stiff and smoother finish, makes replacement & next removal easier.

Comment

Working...
          X