trunk floor parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trunk floor parts

Looking to source some sheet metal to patch rear corners of trunk floor. Battery region and tire jack region corners are rusted out. Looking for donors floor parts in good shape. I was told oem patch parts are NLA. If oem is available I'd shoot for those patches.

dlm ny country

dlm ny country

bump

Comment

What exactly is rusted? The fender well is fairly easy to fabricate, as it doesn’t require any fancy bends/contours. If the lower rear quater is rusted, then you’ll need a factory patch panel or donor.

Comment

It's the inner floor, not the 1/4 panel. On the jack storage area and battery side.

Comment

I had significant rust on the right rear of my car, requiring me to replace the lower quarter, part of the rear valance, part of the inner/outer wheel well and truck trim panel. Since the trunk trim panel is NLA it needs to be fabricate. First step is to create a template.
          Attached Files

Comment

Next transfer outline to sheet metal. The trim panel is approximately 22 ga, but is stamped to add stiffness. If you can’t add beads to stiffen, 20 ga might be a better choice.
            Attached Files

Comment

I went with 22 ga since I planned to roll some beads to add stiffness. With or without the bead this panel only requires two easy 90 degree bend to produce a replacement panel. Add some hole for plug weld and epoxy prime and it can be installed.
              Attached Files

Comment

That looks Real F*cking good. A few weld takes and some sealer should do it.
                Last edited by dlmrun2002; 04-23-2019, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X