Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post
    This is really what you need though:

Agreed. I learned how to TIG on a Miller Syncrowave 250dx. That thing is awesome. I've come close to buying some cheap DC only TIG welder at Harbor Freight for $220, but I think I'm just going to wait until I can afford the real thing.

'97 Eclipse GST - garage queen
    '87 325is - daily driver

Comment

Miller is where it is at for welding, if you can afford it, funny thing is for plasma cutters I was told to get a Thermal Dynamics machine...

Buy discount welding supplies from Cyberweld. We carry everything from welders to helmets from top brands like Miller®, Lincoln Electric® and more.

This place is like catholic school, 2/3 of the students smoke weed on a daily basis, but the faculty seems to convince the outside world that drugs are just in the other schools, the resident pot dealer thinks he's cool because he has the originality to call anyone he doesn't like a homosexual, and most of the little children follow him like sheep, then there's the few with brains, you hardly ever hear from them, perhaps don't even know they exist, but they get all the sh!t done.

Comment

heck yea, we had a Miller MIG machine at my shop at school, I learn how to semi-weld on that thing
        1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

My dream...

Miller® Trailblazer® 330 Diesel (Kubota®) Engine Driven Welder 907831The Miller® Trailblazer® 330 Diesel is a 330 amp DC welder and 12,000 watt AC generator that features a Kubota® 24.8 HP diesel engine.  The Trailblazer 330 Diesel's built-in ArcReach® technology allows the Trailblazer 330 to communicate directly with

This place is like catholic school, 2/3 of the students smoke weed on a daily basis, but the faculty seems to convince the outside world that drugs are just in the other schools, the resident pot dealer thinks he's cool because he has the originality to call anyone he doesn't like a homosexual, and most of the little children follow him like sheep, then there's the few with brains, you hardly ever hear from them, perhaps don't even know they exist, but they get all the sh!t done.

Comment

welding

Organic,

Can you teach me how to use it, I took spanish instead of Shop class. It was one or the other. I need a couple rust spots cleaned up on the ol e30 and your just down the street.

Brick/Zitch

Comment

very cool setup! Seems a bit more complicated than other alt setups I've seen but I'm sure it's more reliable.

I never learned how to do a scratch start. What's the trick?

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
                very cool setup! Seems a bit more complicated than other alt setups I've seen but I'm sure it's more reliable.

I never learned how to do a scratch start. What's the trick?
                once it sparks, keep going! you're welding!

nice setup, i might do this when my cheapo wire-fed welder busts. Will be nice having a wire-fed setup to scavenge :D
                sigpic
                Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

I'm having troubles finding a cheap 5 hp electric motor =( 5hp at ~3krpm ideally not 1.whatever-k

Comment

Originally posted by Hellabad
                    I dunno. I was already pretty impressed when OrganicMechanic made his own banner at mybannermaker . com
                    Originally posted by OrganicMechanic View Post
                    coming from a tool who has none.
                    It was a compliment. Lighten up tough guy. <no smilie here>
                    Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
                    Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
                    Ground Control facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by Justin B View Post
                      I'm having troubles finding a cheap 5 hp electric motor =( 5hp at ~3krpm ideally not 1.whatever-k

Have you looked at small gas engines?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin B View Post
                        Check Northern Tool, they frequently have 5hp 3450rpm compressor duty motors for reasonable prices.
                        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Yeah, I've thought about that too but they're obviously more expensive. I actually finally found some motors that will work OK, now it's just whether or not I can find the money to get one.

edit - that was a response to napabavarian. Ill check northern tool and compare.

edit 2 - not bad, same ~$160 ones can be had on ebay too.
                          Last edited by Justin B; 12-23-2008, 03:38 PM.

Comment

I was thinking used, possibly more available than big electric

Look in your own back yard for electric, I forgot about this...

Comment

industrial surplus!
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                              If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                                industrial surplus!

The yard is amazing ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X