Let’s talk about Antifa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool watch (?) on your left hand!
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
      Lots of people advocate for equality and denounce racism, you don't get to claim ownership on those things.
      uh, i didn't say anywhere that we're the sole proprietors of such- are we not allowed to *share* those ideals?

I also don't for a second believe Antifa's use of violence is in any way contributing to achieving their goal. They get into fist fights and throw piss bottles at other dipshits at political rallies out of frustration and anger, that's not creating change.
      i've never seen anyone throw a bottle full of urine. we can agree on that idea being... distasteful.

being ready to use violence, in general, is a response to people showing up to political rallies with hand weapons, shields, and assault rifles. i wish it weren't necessary, but right now, it is.

elva- yeah, that's one of my watches. thanks.
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Props for having the balls to bait an antifa discussion.

Most people in this subforum just throw insults from behind their anonymity.

Its worth pointing out that although Antifa condones violence against violence, there have yet to be any high profile 'random acts of murder' by outspoken and true antifa members.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

DK, do you believe without ANTIFA, the US will succumb to fascism?? Or anyone for that matter?
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
            uh, i didn't say anywhere that we're the sole proprietors of such- are we not allowed to *share* those ideals?
            There are plenty of ways to object against racism and promote equality. So when I call your group shitheads, it's because of things that make your group unique, not because of the things you think you fight against. Both groups are jackasses.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
              DK, do you believe without ANTIFA, the US will succumb to fascism?? Or anyone for that matter?
              the rising influence of fascist groups, particularly in germany and greece, over the past few years, and more recently here in america, are enough of a reason for me to be concerned about it. "succumb" might be too strong a word; but i'd prefer that anyone who argues for the left-hand column in my original image were kept out of the body politic entirely.

There are plenty of ways to object against racism and promote equality. So when I call your group shitheads, it's because of things that make your group unique, not because of the things you think you fight against. Both groups are jackasses.
              yes, there are.

let me be clear about something. i don't like having to show up to political events in my motorcycle gear. i won't pretend there haven't been a couple times i've been a little scared for my safety. i'd much prefer to be carrying a hand-drawn sign advocating for peace/tolerance and handing out flowers like a classic san francisco hippie. :P

but this is where we are. we had to spend an entire weekend, a few months back, counter-protesting hate groups in the bay area. those of us who call ourselves antifa were in the vast minority- thousands of people filled the streets and basically shut half of the city down.

you and i may be approaching "agree to disagree" here, but i'd like to say this- i don't think we should be painted with the same brush, because of the motivations behind our actions that you mention- as you said, only one side is objecting to racism and promoting equality.
              past:
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                let me be clear about something. i don't like having to show up to political events in my motorcycle gear. i won't pretend there haven't been a couple times i've been a little scared for my safety. i'd much prefer to be carrying a hand-drawn sign advocating for peace/tolerance and handing out flowers like a classic san francisco hippie. :P
                Thing is, I don't think you're achieving much at all with these protests. You choose to put yourself in a situation with two sides bickering at each other. A protest is usually organized by one group, counter protesters show up and attempt to out yell the other side and eventually everyone goes home. Sometimes punches are thrown, meanwhile everyone leaves with the same beliefs they entered with. You're not achieving anything meaningful other than getting some anger off your chest. Is protesting important? Yes, but these violent protests met with counter-protests are doing nothing other than hardening the beliefs already held by people. You have one side who thinks all liberals are Antifa supporting commies, and the other who thinks every Republican is a fascist voting white racist.

Want to create change? Conduct yourself like an adult, get politically active to the point where someone would actually care to vote for you, and effect change from within.

Comment

Thing is, I don't think you're achieving much at all with these protests. You choose to put yourself in a situation with two sides bickering at each other. A protest is usually organized by one group, counter protesters show up and attempt to out yell the other side and eventually everyone goes home. Sometimes punches are thrown, meanwhile everyone leaves with the same beliefs they entered with. You're not achieving anything meaningful other than getting some anger off your chest. Is protesting important? Yes, but these violent protests met with counter-protests are doing nothing other than hardening the beliefs already held by people. You have one side who thinks all liberals are Antifa supporting commies, and the other who thinks every Republican is a fascist voting white racist.

Want to create change? Conduct yourself like an adult, get politically active to the point where someone would actually care to vote for you, and effect change from within.
                  ok. i'm glad you and i have gotten to a place where we're discussing rationally and not name-calling.

but that's not what happened here in SF.

we *did* achieve something meaningful here- the planned alt-right rally in SF was cancelled entirely, and the park they were going to use was fenced off and nobody got to use it that day.

SFPD heard enough voices and revoked the permit, basically told them to FOAEAD.

that's what you're suggesting here, correct? we went through the proper channels.

that's what i'm trying to explain here. violence *being* an option does not mean it is the preferred option, at all. we all have families or loved ones to come home to when it's over with.
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

The irony of that T shirt is astounding.

There are people out there who are fighting against the "oppressors" but libtard Antifags keep violently assaulting them because they can't compete on an intellectual level.

Comment

:rofl:

Antifa, the only organization that's literally stupid enough to believe Ben Shapiro, a Jew, is a Nazi and deserves to be run out of town or shouted down wherever he tries to speak.

Perhaps, just perhaps, people would be more apt to listen if Antifa didn't consist of 99% college age idiots that haven't lived a day of real life, hippies, and mentally deficient mask-wearing idiots that go around destroying shit, violating people's right to the 1st Amendment, all in the name of..... what exactly? It can't be about Nazis because EVERYONE KNOWS NAZIS ARE IDIOTS. We don't need a group of neon hair colored cucks disrupting cities to know that.

Antifa and BLM have done more to divide the nation and create blips of chaos in the past 2 years than the KKK and other Neo-Nazis have managed in the past 20 years. Go the fuck away, let the stupidity die or flicker out like it already was.

Truth be told, I side more with the fucking alt-right nowadays in the sense I believe they should hold the right to spew their vile crap in public places when they jump through the right hoops (permits, etc). Don't like it? Don't. Listen. Go. Away.
                      2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                        Antifa and BLM have done more to divide the nation and create blips of chaos in the past 2 years than the KKK and other Neo-Nazis have managed in the past 20 years. Go the fuck away, let the stupidity die or flicker out like it already was.
                        Yepp... I guarantee literally no one would be talking about, or thinking about the tiny, tiny population of TRUE Nazi's if it weren't for freaking antifa and people similar to antifa.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Antifa, the only organization that's literally stupid enough to believe Ben Shapiro, a Jew, is a Nazi and deserves to be run out of town or shouted down wherever he tries to speak.

Perhaps, just perhaps, people would be more apt to listen if Antifa didn't consist of 99% college age idiots that haven't lived a day of real life, hippies, and mentally deficient mask-wearing idiots that go around destroying shit, violating people's right to the 1st Amendment, all in the name of..... what exactly? It can't be about Nazis because EVERYONE KNOWS NAZIS ARE IDIOTS. We don't need a group of neon hair colored cucks disrupting cities to know that.

Truth be told, I side more with the fucking alt-right nowadays in the sense I believe they should hold the right to spew their vile crap in public places when they jump through the right hoops (permits, etc). Don't like it? Don't. Listen. Go. Away.

Preach my man preach

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

qft

you duh real MVP
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

thought i was making good progress discussing this civilly here... oh well.
                              Last edited by decay; 10-25-2017, 09:47 PM.
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

If you want civil discussion, then why would you support antifa? Antifa wants the opposite of civil discussion. They want to quash any form of civil discussion with force and they have demonstrated that in their actions.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X