Car stalling after starting (PLZ HELP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car stalling after starting (PLZ HELP)

Hello everyone, I'm a new e30 owner and a new member of the forums. I just got a 1989 325is and it was driving great but then one day I started it and it stalled after a couple seconds. The check engine light is flickering, so I'm assuming it's an electrical or sensor issue. Has anyone had a similar experience?

EDIT:
    Car sounds like it has a misfire, lots of exhaust smoke.
    Last edited by Tmavého na Světlo; 05-28-2018, 05:56 PM. Reason: Adding info

This is how you do the stomp test, decided to do this because I think its a good visual aid of how fast you have to push the pedal down for the codes to be s...

Comment

Maybe it is AirFlow Meter. You can put out this thing and squeeze WD-40 to socket
      For Sale New Brand E30 parts ;
      http://drive.google.com/drive/folder...x1?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
        I tried it and a few times the CEL turned off after about 15 seconds. Nothing else happened. Am I simply doing it wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by 06UZ View Post
          Maybe it is AirFlow Meter. You can put out this thing and squeeze WD-40 to socket
          I'll look into it. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tmavého na Světlo View Post
            I tried it and a few times the CEL turned off after about 15 seconds. Nothing else happened. Am I simply doing it wrong?
            It is a bit tricky the first time doing it. Make sure that you depress the throttle all the way to the floor in a smooth motion. You do not need to press too quickly. Do it 5 times and the CEL light should start blinking. Which position is your key at?

Comment

if you can get it to idle maybe check for vacuum leaks

Comment

Working...
              X