No announcement yet.

My 1990 BMW 320 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just added some photos to the original post. After a little "spirited" driving, it's very apparent I need new suspension, brakes and steering linkage. Gotta spend my money on something...
    1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
    1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

Photo Update: September 25, 2011

Just did a quick reply and nothing came up, weird. Just added some photos to the orginal post when I got my car. After some "spirited" driving I think the time is coming soon when I'll need new suspension, brakes and steering. Better start saving now.... Need to get it sorted so I can take it to the Ring this Spring!
      1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
      1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

Awesome! I love tourings soo much
        '91 318is

Comment

what hweels are those? i reallly dig them.

Comment

nice man i like!!!
            1986 325e ( baur project)
            1986 535i e28

1990 325i touring (sold)
            1990 mk2 golf (sold)
            1983 e28 525 (sold)

love my old girls

Comment

Originally posted by DuMa View Post
              what hweels are those? i reallly dig them.
              The general thought on the wheels is that they are Melbers, but I still can't make out any writing on the wheels. They have so much paint on there, it's hard to see anything. Once I get my winter wheels and tires I'll try and refinish these wheels to really see what's underneath all that black paint!
              1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
              1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

Originally posted by evanc View Post
                The general thought on the wheels is that they are Melbers, but I still can't make out any writing on the wheels. They have so much paint on there, it's hard to see anything. Once I get my winter wheels and tires I'll try and refinish these wheels to really see what's underneath all that black paint!
                I vote OZ King.

Just an assumption though...

Comment

New Reposting of Photos from last year... broken links

I haven't really had time to get the touring out this Spring, but hopefully soon. The grand plan to go GC Coilovers, etc... are on hold until I can get my '02 done. Which is costing a friggin mint! Lookin to get some photos in and around Warsaw in the coming weeks.

Broken fog light has since been replaced.... Still need to replace the HVAC panel that is cracked and install the factory radio I bought at Double 02 Salvage in Hayward back in December. I'll get to it eventually....
                  Last edited by evanc; 04-11-2012, 02:42 AM.
                  1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
                  1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

Jesus H.M.S Christ on a pogo stick..

that touring is desireable..
                    -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
                      Jesus H.M.S Christ on a pogo stick..

that touring is desireable..
                      Thanks. It's a work in progress. For the time being I'm just doing the bare minimum to keep her roadworthy. Needs all kinds of stuff: full suspension (including steering components), exhaust (about to fall off due to rust), brakes, replace a driver's side rusted fender (I'm sure there is more lurking underneath! Boo.), subframes need to be overhauled, LSD dif, etc...

Not bad for a daily though eh? At least I can drive it! Can't wait to get this thing back to states after it turns 25 in 2015. Hope to have all that stuff done here as it's a fraction of the cost for labor when compared to the Bay Area.

The tourings here in Poland aren't very desirable, but from the chatter I see on the boards they are at home! You can pick up a decent touring like mine for less than $2000. Come over here and get one too.
                      1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
                      1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

Quick Spring Clean and minor fix

So like forever ago I picked up a new to me used HVAC panel from MikeDE. Thanks Mike! Without having a place to work I have to wait until the weather is warm enough outside in the parking lot outside my apartment building to get anything done. But before I replaced the HVAC panel I gave her a quick wash at my buddies house on the outskirts of Warsaw. The weather has been super nice this past week and from what others have told me it's better than some vacation spots where my colleagues went!

Dirty from sitting on the -3 level of the parking garage

Lots O dust

Ahh cleaner... but not CLEAN

My little helper :)

Cracked HVAC Panel

Removed and cracked a bunch more...

Saggin

15 buck tool set = RAD

Oh look what I found!

Looks like this fender is going to need replacing before the next inspection

Nothing too exciting, but felt compelled to share anyway! Thanks for takin a look.

FYI: Gas in Poland is now $7.60 a gallon! What is it where you live?
                        Last edited by evanc; 05-05-2012, 05:45 AM.
                        1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
                        1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

I want a touring. I want a touring bad.

Good luck with that rust, I hope that's the only major infection you have. I know what it's like, rust on cars is inevitable unless they're garaged all winter and washed frequently.

BTW, gas is about $3.95-$4.00/gallon in Vermont.

Comment

awesome car, loveeee those wheels.
                            www.instagram.com/snwmble
                            #snwmble

Current:
                            '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                            '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                            '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                            '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                            '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                            '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                            '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                            '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Nice car.
                              Just pick up people at the bus stop though and have them pitch in for gas, that way you can drive during the weekdays. If you have the third-seat option you'd be able to maybe make a little profit.
                              These are the current e30s for sale on allegro (Polish ebay) A lot of talent there dealing with limited budgets and it's a main destination for second-hand German cars.
                              3zl = 1$ +/-

Comment

Originally posted by polska View Post
                                Nice car.
                                Just pick up people at the bus stop though and have them pitch in for gas, that way you can drive during the weekdays. If you have the third-seat option you'd be able to maybe make a little profit.
                                These are the current e30s for sale on allegro (Polish ebay) A lot of talent there dealing with limited budgets and it's a main destination for second-hand German cars.
                                3zl = 1$ +/-
                                Ha. That's funny. People around here would think that I was crazy, especially since my Polish is limited saying food items and beer :p

Allegro is actually where I picked up my car two years ago. They do go for pretty cheap, but some of the cars I went to go see where SO beat. When I think about what I thought or is a beat car in California it's no where near the tough life they've had in Europe.

It's a fun 3er for what it is. If money is stable I'll start getting the body work done, but first need brakes, suspension and a diff.

Thanks for the comment!
                                1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
                                1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

Working...
                                X