OEM+ Sterling Silver 1990 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdt10768 View Post
    Just wondering what points/details put you into 3rd place as opposed to 2nd place in the Concours event? They get pretty picky re: originality?
    This event was more about perfectly clean rather than perfect original car. The car that won the 80s Class was a S52 Swapped E30M3.

Despite putting a lot of hours into my paint and a good detail on my interior, the judges are super critical of things you don't even think to clean, like "dusty AC vents," a rusty tow hook in the trunk, or they found a spider egg under the hood on the hood liner. Also I didn't detail my engine bay so that did help my score either.
    1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
    1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
    September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
    Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
      I don't know how I missed this thread, but you sir are an inspiration
      Thank you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by CHANTARS View Post
        Definitely one of the E30's that has inspired me for my build!
        Thanks man, just checked out your thread and looks like you are off to a good start!

Comment

So May has been a busy month, the DMC event and the HPDE I posted yesterday and then finally, it was time for the Vintage.

If you are on the East Coast then you need to make the trip and if you are within a two day drive you need to make the journey. Amazing cars, and even more so an amazing group of people. I don't ever plan on missing it in the future.

I always get distracted by the cars and cool people at the Vintage and forget to take pictures. Here are a few that I snapped.

Here is the crew I rolled down to the Vintage with at the Zentrum Museum at the BMW factory in Spartanburg, SC.
          Three, yes 3 E31 850i, E34 M5, E28 535is with a 7 series turbo swap, E28 M5 and myself.

Pulled up next to Audiquattrot's gorgeous Sterling 325ix. His car was was one of the first Sterling cars that got me hooked on Sterlings and made know that I had to have one one day.

Comment

Great photos all around! The backdrop for the photos at The Vintage is awesome!

Comment

Now this is a clean car! Well done sir!
              I'm annoyed I couldn't make it to the vintage this year, hoping I can make it next year.

On a side note.
              Your thread helped my survive extremely painful conference calls this morning.
              In an hr I have another, mike.bmw's 'Alpine White 1991 318is' is up next.
              One does not simply walk into 4door
              Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Zeemz View Post
                Two weeks ago I attended my first HDPE event at Summit Point that was hosted by the NCC BMWCCA Chapter. Summit Point Raceway's "Main" circuit "is a ten turn, two mile road course that includes a 2900 foot straightaway and 400 feet of elevation change". (Mike I stole your Summit Point Intro! Hopefully we can out there together sometime this season)
                Haha, it's all good because I stole that text and image from Summit Point's website. ;)

Yes, I'm already itching to get back out there!

Great photos!

Comment

Pulled up next to Audiquattrot's gorgeous Sterling 325ix. His car was was one of the first Sterling cars that got me hooked on Sterlings and made know that I had to have one one day.

Thanks for the shoutout Lewis! Your cars originality, stance and those WHEELS....man do NOT ever sell those things. The fit and finish is one of my favorites. Don't ever paint that car either! Even w/ all my horrid paint checking I once had, I wish I kept it like that.
                  www.instagram.com/snwmble
                  #snwmble

Current:
                  '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                  '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                  '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                  '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                  '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                  '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                  '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                  '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

@Zeems, I am fairly certain you and I met at Katies a couple months ago. I drive the delphin 325i S52 swapped sedan. I just picked up a set of BBS RS003 myself and was looking for someone to do exactly what you had done. Mind PMing me some info on where to go?

Comment

I love that as clean as this car is, its out getting driven!

What are your future plans? Also where did you get the euro trim from? I managed to get the front through various r3v channels, but still need to get the rear
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        I love that as clean as this car is, its out getting driven!

What are your future plans? Also where did you get the euro trim from? I managed to get the front through various r3v channels, but still need to get the rear
                        Thanks Simon. She may be a bit of a garage queen, but when I take her out she gets driven like she was meant to be.

I will continue to take the E30 out for autocross, but I am working on acquiring something for the track. The car handled amazing on the track and I was instantly hooked. But it is a little too clean for regular track duty. I would beat myself up if I put it into a wall. PPI scheduled for Monday on something pretty interesting.

Guten hooked me up with the euro trim.

Immediate plans is to enjoy the car as it sits. I am sure I will do some little things here and there. The radio needs some attention as it currently sounds like an alarm clock.

Biggest thing on the list is to eventually rebuild and stroke the motor to a 2.9 or 3.0. I know it would probably be cheaper and more power to shove an S52 in, but since it is a clean "is" car I want to keep the M20 and keep it period correct/OEM+. Since the car drives so well right now, this will be a few years down the road, especially if I pick up a second fun car.

Comment

As I mentioned before after getting hooked at recent HPDEs I started looking for a ZHP as a fun car for the track and fun car for a quasi-daily. I looked at a few different cars and then made a few calls and spoke to RRT who had a customer that was selling a ZHP that they had done a S54 swap on. No expense had been spared on the swap and the car had been done from front to rear, not to mention by RRT who I know and trust and does awesome work.

One thing that made me think twice, which surprised me, was that ZHPs did not come with LSDs. Additionally, to swap a LSD in you have to do a full M3 rear end conversion. Well this car eliminated that concern.

ZHPM3 Highlights:
                          60K on chassis
                          70k on motor
                          30K on swap
                          Rod Bearings Replaced 15K ago
                          Vanos overhauled 5K ago
                          Full M3 rear end - Axles, drive shaft, M3 brakes, Dinian 3.91 LSD, M3 sub frame
                          Reinforced sub frame
                          New/upgraded clutch and flywheel 5K
                          M3 Re-programed Cluster
                          Emissions compliant
                          Euro headers, euro cats, and custom exhaust
                          Dyno'd 296 at the wheels
                          Hotchkis Sways & Springs and TC Kline/Koni Adjustables
                          911 Calipers for BBK upgrade (not installed yet)
                          Apex Arc-8s with new Pilot Super Sports
                          and lots of other small upgrades

I can't wait to get it out on the track. The car is a beast and is loud as hell.

Day I brought it home

Shots taking by https://www.instagram.com/kixnwhips86/ on the way to Katie's Cars and Coffee two weeks ago.

Hope to install these this winter.

Dyno with the Euro headers, Euro cats, and exhaust - 296whp. Before adding the euro headers and cats, dyno was 274whp
                          Last edited by Zeemz; 07-26-2018, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Dyno with the Euro headers, Euro cats, and exhaust. Before the euro headers and cats, dyno was 274whp
                            My first BMW was a Black ZHP back in 2012. I loved that car and lived on e46fanatics dreaming of a S54 in that sedan. This car is straight up gorgeous! (just like your E30).
                            I'm a jealous man right now! Enjoy that thing! Can't wait to see some pics of it ripping up the track!

Comment

The ZHP looks fantastic, Lewis! Nice choice on the license plate too. ;D

Comment

One thing that made me think twice, which surprised me, was that ZHPs did not come with LSDs. Additionally, to swap a LSD in you have to do a full M3 rear end conversion.
                                Uhhhh...... or you could just buy a custom DiffsOnline differential and select your ramp angles, lock up, ratio, and bolt it in.

S54 is great, but the beauty of the ZHP is the engine/suspension package.
                                Once you pull that apart, it's no different than a bog standard E46 sedan with an S54 swap.

My ZHP has 193k on it... and I plan to run it until there is nothing left. They are, as you described, that great.

-CL
                                Below the radar...

Comment

Working...
                                X