No announcement yet.

89is Alpine Progress Thread: e30 Hibernation - e90 swap complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had discovered these coin holders in a random car at PnP. Picked them both up as the textures are different. Added to the box of parts that are waiting to be painted.
    Just reminded me I have a black coin holder laying around to throw in my car. They are pretty useless nowadays but still neat to have!!
    Previous Cars:

89 325i M-Tech II
    00 323i
    89 535i
    89 325i Vert

Current:

01 Hellrot 330ci
    91 Alpine 318i Build Thread
    01 Jeep Cherokee (Winter Beater)

Comment

Hey, I sold you those gauges!

Very nice build so far.
      '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
      '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

Let me know if you find anyone who does zinc plating in the area

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
        My Garage
        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by cutsham View Post
          Just reminded me I have a black coin holder laying around to throw in my car. They are pretty useless nowadays but still neat to have!!
          Haha right? I never have cash anymore...but since I keep my mailbox key in my ashtray now, it will relocate to the coin holder once the gauges go in.
          sigpic

89' 325is - Alpine

Comment

Originally posted by Codym42 View Post
            Hey, I sold you those gauges!

Very nice build so far.

Thanks man! They showed up perfectly fine. Can't wait to get them in.

Originally posted by stonea View Post
            Let me know if you find anyone who does zinc plating in the area

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
            Will do! I haven't tried very hard yet..I also need to find a good Powder coat place. I've heard J&J powder coating is good. Have you gotten anything coated around here?
            sigpic

89' 325is - Alpine

Comment

Not yet, but I will need to in the near future.
              My Garage
              2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
              1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
              1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
              Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

More Junkyard Steals

Not much movement on installing any of the parts I've purchased...but I'm still collecting more!

This past Saturday I spent a good 5 hours at the junkyard pulling all the parts below in the pictures.

M30B35 Starter, ECU, AFM, ICV, Power Steering Pump all from an 89 735
                2.93 LSD from an 89 325e
                Cluster and 99% Mint Cardinal Rot door cards from an 89 325is
                And some window switches from an e36

Very productive day...not sure I even want to put the door cards in, but they were too nice to leave there haha

Also snagged this guy for the trunk...its the little things am i right?

I also ordered up some Garagistic m30 motor mount arms, throttle cable bushings, and clutch pedal bushings for my swap during their instagram 20% off sale.

I still need to get a driveshaft, as my car is an auto. So i'm looking for either an ES large giubo manual or a 325 manual driveshaft and matching trans output flange. That is the last MAJOR thing i guess...but still need a bunch of little accessories..and rebuild the engine.

As far as hardware refinishing, the bolt below was the first try I had with my new vibratory tumbler. This bolt looks great..started with the green triangles from HF then a run of crushed walnuts. I've been looking at the caswell copy cad plating setup to finish them off. I think i would prefer to use the black chromate instead of the yellow. Even though the yellow/gold color is more original, I would prefer the black.

sigpic

89' 325is - Alpine

Comment

I have an M30 179(?) DME if you need an extra. Let me know, I have no problem sending it your way if you pay the shipping.

Comment

sub'd great work man

Comment

Awesome build, and the car looks like a fantastic starting point.
                      My previous build (currently E30-less)
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

nice progress! I should be picking up an 90' 325i Alpine Coupe in about a week. This thread is making me excited :)
                        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                          I have an M30 179(?) DME if you need an extra. Let me know, I have no problem sending it your way if you pay the shipping.
                          I appreciate it man! - Not sure I will need one though (unless it has a chip ;D). I just pulled the 179 DME from the junkyard last weekend.

Originally posted by frshmaestro View Post
                          sub'd great work man
                          Thanks Man!

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                          Awesome build, and the car looks like a fantastic starting point.
                          Thanks! - Starting point it is. I'm going for Suspension/Brakes (done), then engine, then interior, then exterior...with little updates to all in between. I'm just like most people on here...big plans, not enough $$$ haha

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                          nice progress! I should be picking up an 90' 325i Alpine Coupe in about a week. This thread is making me excited :)
                          Nice, congrats! I love a good alpine
                          sigpic

89' 325is - Alpine

Comment

The DME might have a chip honestly. I will double check tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                              The DME might have a chip honestly. I will double check tonight.
                              Did you get a chance to take a look? No rush..I’ve got plenty of time before start up haha
                              sigpic

89' 325is - Alpine

Comment

Originally posted by VBe30 View Post
                                Did you get a chance to take a look? No rush..I’ve got plenty of time before start up haha
                                Negative, but I am pretty sure it's stock. I got the DME from a kid at a local meet and then put my chip in it to run with my M20. Amazingly it worked out, but when I think back on it, there was no chip.

I'm still down to send you this if you ever need it.

Comment

Working...
                                X