25mm MC in non abs 318i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25mm MC in non abs 318i

ok, so ive been researching a little and havent found much on the subject. im about to order a 25mm master cylinder (as i currently dont have one at all) in my '84 s50 e30 318i but i need more info on the modification.

before someone comments, the rears are going to be swapped from drum to disc brakes.;)

mainly i want to know if anyone has done this before and maybe has a write up on T-ing off the front brake lines since the 735i MC only has two outlets and my car has three lines.... 2 for each front caliper and one that goes to both rears.

im assuming i need to bend my own brake line and totally remake my brake line setup. anyone done this?

appreciate anything you guys got, thanks!

Here what you do:
    Get 3 tees. Run on line from each output on the MC to one input on two seperate tees. Then run one line from each of those tees to the front wheels. Then grab the third tee and run a line to it from the rear bias valve. Then run two pipes from the tee going to the bias valve to the two tees for the front brakes. Voila. Like factory brake biasing and distribution.

Here's a picture:
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

sick! looks good, wouldnt have thought of doing it that way. im glad i asked now. any good places you know of to buy some brake line and fittings so i can get started?

thanks a lot for the fast reply

(and damn good illustration)

Comment

I work at a BMW/Volvo junkyard, so I just grabbed a couple of the tees from the where rear brake line splits on E30s.

The thing about having the brake fluid go through so many tees is that it allows equal fluid pressure in relation to the front/rear bias and the front left/right.
        My 2.9L Build!

There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

You can also make only one splice for the front brakeline. Use a splitter from BMW's part bin. It costs only $10.

The brass part on the right.
          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Yea, that's the tee that I used. Even has a nice mounting point.
            My 2.9L Build!

Comment

I'd be more comfortable with Lee's suggestion as the two circuits remain independent. This is always a good idea in case of failure of one circuit.

Comment

Lee: would you happen to have part numbers for those??

also i believe that the fittings that are on the brake lines currently in my car
                wont fit on the new master, so...

what size brake line and what size fittings do i need to buy to start building my custom hydraulics?
                realoem has M10 i think for the fittings in the film. but not sure on brake line dia.

Last edited by bboylxix; 04-04-2008, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bboylxix View Post
                  Lee: would you happen to have part numbers for those??
                  Part # is 34341111435

10mm x 1mm with bubble flare

Lines are available at UAP/NAPA stores
                  Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Working...
                  X