Miata what? Round 2 GO! Car #2 starts at post #38

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F34R View Post
    How long into Miata ownership does a period start cycling? Do you sync with other Miata owners?
    Around the same time that Chipotle makes you bleed from your bum me thinks.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
      It is slow in the straights but damn fast in the corners. I never saw much in them but this is the best $1300 I've ever spent on a car.
      I hear you. That is where the car really shines, especially with some light wheels/sticky tires.

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
      Plus, the horsepower will come.
      Let the adventure begin! I assume you are going to turbo it like everybody else?
      sigpic

Comment

The only downside to the Miata is the online community. Mostly morons.
        I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

My mom blew out her tire on a curb yesterday and I just happened to be in the area (wife and I going out on date so grandma was going to watch the kid)

So that's her bug, and I snapped this crappy phone pic

I need to find an alignment shop I can trust.... I want to have the front AND rear looked at. If only I could get access to a rack again and just do it myself.
          No E30 Club
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

New lip...

Among other things. Also got a rx7 limited slip diff for it, turbo, aem FIC. All I need is manifold, downpipe, and intercooler piping. Going to tap the oil feed and return, then block them off and mount the intercooler, get a baseline going with the FIC and bigger injectors. The idea is to get it turbo ready, then one weekend just install the last of it and go.

No E30 Club

Comment

Kove the Miata (although I can's get used to the name - over here they are a MX5). I went up against one in my Integra DC2R and damn they hold the road well and with decent tweaks are pure hell to get past. If I could find one, and the garage space, I'd turn it into a track hack in a blink.
              '90 BMW E30 318is
              '99 Honda DC2R

Comment

All cleaned up, and decided to snap a photo with a real camera.
                No E30 Club

Comment

Just dropping in to say this project is still a go, but on hold.

I was going to sell it, but didn't get any solid buyers. Then last week I fired it up to take it for a spin around the neighborhood, and realized I don't want to sell it.

So parts are still here, just waiting for nice weather. Can't have a car sitting in my driveway without boost when both the daily drivers do.
                  No E30 Club

Comment

CHOO CHOO POWER; tbd
                    Looks like Marty's mx5 but black. How does it handle compared to an e30?
                    BMW tech
                    Umass Amherst
                    05 wrx sti

Comment

I have a NA that I use as a track car. I love miatas ( this is my 5th one), but I just picked up an e30 as the miata's replacement. They are awesome cars and so easy to work on!

Comment

I'm currently parting mine out as well, if you're interested in any parts ( roll bar, coilovers, etc). :).

Comment

Actually I do need a roll bar. Which model is it?

PM me please with details.
                          No E30 Club

Comment

It is a hard dog single diagonal with a welded in harness bar.

Comment

I've always wanted a rotary car... And the 5.0 swap e30 was simple, wouldn't mind another swap.

Might as well keep the engine in the same brand this time too.....

Hmmmm.......
                              No E30 Club

Comment

Old Miata is getting parted out.

New is getting shipped to me on Tuesday. Gift from my Dad for Christmas, he said it's been sitting for 2 years.

Factory torsen lsd, an no rust!

I'm going to put the good parts off my NA onto it and use it as a DD for now. Only 36k on this one so I will feel a little bad racking up the miles. I'll still drive the S4 in bad weather though, less worried about the S4 rusting out.

As for future plans? I'm pretty set on stuffing an f20c into it.
                                No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                                X