No announcement yet.

Mila - Alpine White 318is - Daily Driver/Autox - Pic Heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool progress... surprised how much stuff rusts for you guys in FL, but makes sense... still a shock
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Great work! You really made it look great. That driver's door looks (literally) pale in comparison to your paint job.

Comment

Wow! Great job preserving your 318is.
        I'm not a real car guy :(

Comment

Just read through this. Great progress and very enjoyable thread. Thanks!

Comment

Hey guys thanks for the comments! Hoping to get some work done over the holiday break, haven't had much time to work on her since I've been away at school. I continue to daily her and shes still running great!

On the to do list:
            Fix a small oil leak which i suspect is from the cam position sensor
            Swap in Z3 steering rack
            Fix the ugly yellow drivers door
            Also ordered a chassis mounted shiftier from garagistic. I'm pretty happy with the z3 shifter but there's still a lot of slop which I hope to eliminate

And finally, Install my new ground control camber/caster plates ;D

▲ 1991 318is ▲ | Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
              Just read through this. Great progress and very enjoyable thread. Thanks!
              Means a lot coming from you! Your 318is is insanely clean and your "Mess under the intake" progress was a huge help when I decided to do the same.

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
              Great work! You really made it look great. That driver's door looks (literally) pale in comparison to your paint job.
              This cracked me up lol. The whole paint job is pretty meh, and a new one is probably the biggest thing the car needs. I've just been tackling the worst of it piece by piece until I can completely strip the car to do a proper job.

Comment

Nice job. Really good to see cars like this one that are well-cared for and improved over time. GC plates will be a nice addition
                - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

yeah damn! need to get off my butt and do the same. What spring rates did you go with? I'm getting the complete setup from them right now, so stoked.
                  Originally posted by e30guydownunder
                  Stupid German wookie winning F1 WDC and beating Webs. waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Comment

Originally posted by HawaiianE30 View Post
                    yeah damn! need to get off my butt and do the same. What spring rates did you go with? I'm getting the complete setup from them right now, so stoked.
                    I've got a confession, I'm not actually sure lol... I simply spoke with Ground Control about my intentions for the car and let them decide!

Comment

Working...
                    X