• Show
Clear All

_SRC7110 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

Yeah, it works in the snow
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

I love technology.

I just ordered a remote start system from a guy on TW. Ordered up and got the cell phone module as well. I will be able to start the car anywhere I have cell phone reception. 100% plug and play, with maybe 30 minutes of install time from start to finish.

Will be really handy on these cold mornings. The key fob will be able to start the truck from my living room.

But I park frequently in Phoenix at the airport while traveling for work. It will be really handy to be riding the shuttle back to the lot and starting my truck with my phone from a couple of miles away to have the AC blast and cool it down come summer time.
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Been off for a few days; taken the dogs a few places.

I bought the truck to see more of the country.

Brought home a christmas tree but otherwise...

has not disappoint.

Comment

Starting making a list of parts and prices for my potential LM7 Swap.

5.6K and counting, going to cost more then the truck!

At least after the swap I'd be some Dana 44s and 35x12.5s away from a perma everywhere vehicle.
          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post

At least after the swap I'd be some Dana 44s and 35x12.5s away from a perma everywhere vehicle.
            Definitely need a little more juice to make it up those long steep inclines!

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
              I love technology.

I just ordered a remote start system from a guy on TW. Ordered up and got the cell phone module as well. I will be able to start the car anywhere I have cell phone reception. 100% plug and play, with maybe 30 minutes of install time from start to finish.

Will be really handy on these cold mornings. The key fob will be able to start the truck from my living room.

But I park frequently in Phoenix at the airport while traveling for work. It will be really handy to be riding the shuttle back to the lot and starting my truck with my phone from a couple of miles away to have the AC blast and cool it down come summer time.
              What starter did you go with? Guess I didnt look hard enough, the only plug and play module I could find used the key fob.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                What starter did you go with? Guess I didnt look hard enough, the only plug and play module I could find used the key fob.
                Went with a solo fella from TW named jmeitz (can forward you his contact info if desired). He has owned his own stereo and alarm install place for 20+ years IIRC.

The kit is his own assemblage of components as far as I can tell.

Tacoma World thread link: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...for-at.533197/

The kit I bought does come with the module that uses the key fob for within range remote starting, which I will install as well. (He sells just the key fob version for much less) It costs another 150 or so to get the cell phone module upgrade. This is the part that let's you start the truck anywhere your cell phone has access to the web.

Comment

Few shots of my 1990 pickup and a 94 XJ I picked up for $500. Recently put 31"x10.5" mud tires on it which is about as big as you can go without rubbing. The blue truck is my buddies 2017 TRD Pro
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3628.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	7198443

Name:	IMG_4106.jpg
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	7198444

Name:	IMG_3490.jpg
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	7198445

Name:	IMG_3865.jpg
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	7198446

Name:	IMG_E4623.jpg
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	7198447

The Build:
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

You can actually fit 33x10.5 on pickup without rubbing you just have to remove all the liners.

A 2-3in body lift is also a pretty nice mod for cheap.
                    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post

tiny truck with american torque? awesome
                      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Any 100 series LC or LX470 owners on here? I have an e53 4.6is and '88 RRC right now and I basically need to consolidate them into one vehicle, I feel like the UZJ100 is a pretty good solution. My uses will be wife's DD, MTB/camping trips, towing e30 racecar trailer a few times a year. I want to spend about $10k-15K, would like a 5 sp trans ('03+ I think?), and under 200k miles. My biggest worry is in town driveability, we live in downtown Charlotte and wife would be driving this thing every day- any opinion on that concern?
                        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                          Any 100 series LC or LX470 owners on here? I have an e53 4.6is and '88 RRC right now and I basically need to consolidate them into one vehicle, I feel like the UZJ100 is a pretty good solution. My uses will be wife's DD, MTB/camping trips, towing e30 racecar trailer a few times a year. I want to spend about $10k-15K, would like a 5 sp trans ('03+ I think?), and under 200k miles. My biggest worry is in town driveability, we live in downtown Charlotte and wife would be driving this thing every day- any opinion on that concern?

Dude.... you’re gonna get a Toyota! Welcome!! Look into 4th gen 4runners too. Gx470s are super cheap too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by e30saam View Post
                            Dude.... you’re gonna get a Toyota! Welcome!! Look into 4th gen 4runners too. Gx470s are super cheap too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Seems like it!

I am looking at GX's a little bit, but they're kinda ugly. My parents have a 4Runner with a 4.7, and while I do realize its a great overall package it doesn't tow very well and I think it feels too cheap
                            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Selling that RRC? Hmm...

Comment

Seems like it!

I am looking at GX's a little bit, but they're kinda ugly. My parents have a 4Runner with a 4.7, and while I do realize its a great overall package it doesn't tow very well and I think it feels too cheap

Ok hundys are going to excel in spades at what your looking to do with it. Yes its bigger than a T4R, but your wanting more capability out of it pulling a loaded car wagon. Buddy will tell you a V8 4th gen ( 96% of 120 series) is capable of it. Hes right, but its PUSHING the limits of what you can do with it, and stopping is going to be your bigger worry.

To continue the GX series is the only way to get a true Prado Chassis land cruiser in the US the 120 and 150 series. The 4th and 5th gen T4R's are about 96% one and most of the Non LandCruiser parts are more cosmetic and interior bits and bobs. Yes the GX's are a little odd looking but all the good parts out there that fit on T4R's or Prados from Oz or europe will fit by and larger both stock and upgrades.

Now that thats out of the way. The Hundys dont forget the Lexus LX470's are great trucks, I say that about an SUV, because they are built like a truck. IIRC the 5spd was 1st available in 04 but you might be right and it might have been 03, so by going that new your going to avoid teh biggest weakness of the breed. That was the front diffs in 98-2000 units. The other shortcoming is the GM like torsion bar IFS set up, while it works great for a tahoe or a mild duty work truck, its not good for a go anywhere off road exploring rig. Hence why Yota went to coilovers for the 200's ;) But since you seem to want to stick to major roads, and getting to the camp site for the bike tour, a good set of MS AT tires in the next size up and you should be good to go. As far as wife driving it, yes they are a little bigger than many other options out there, but they are far smaller than last couple generations of Tahoe/Yukon and I see people that have no business driving things that big piloting them all the time. If she does not like it buy her a F30 BMW and you keep the LC, it will take time to get used to it if your used to smaller things, but they are well worth the learning curve

They are a timing belt power plant so be mindful of that when shopping, yes parts cost a lot for these rigs, and as a LC guy I suggest going with OEM or proven upgrade parts when needed, as they dont need parts that often. They are one of the few modern vehicles in the marketplace that were built to take an ass kicking every day and last 30 years with basic care, Like all yotas watch out for all the common rusty spots, and if your looking at the LX's the auto leveling suspension is nice but, costly to repair, so most of the time its a good excuse to swap to something more LC like :) I am going to warn you now, you will be hooked, and you will be planing mods and trips to try out your new mods soon. You will not want to drive anything else.

You should be able to find a sub 200k 04ish+ in good shape for your budget, with out issue I have been hawking your local market since labor day since I was working in the Roanoke VA area. Plenty of decent hundys but I am 80 series guy through and through.

Decent looking option in the DC area based on the pics

nice pearl white 06 LX with 125k on for a a touch over the top of you budget in ATL I almost took one of my sundays off to go look at this one but I would rather have another 80

They are out there.
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X