Zionsville Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bdi_fc View Post
    I've heard this justification many times. The funny part is, they would have made more money by answering my questions. If that's how they do business, fine, but they aren't getting any money by selling mystery products to me.
    Treehouse Racing FTMFW. Those guys will break their back getting you swapped if you bought from them or not.
    $415 for a wiring adapter is a little much, BUT when I called them pre purchase they were more than helpful. That is the reason I felt good giving them my money and knew I made made a good choice.
    Originally posted by 325Projectz
    don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
    :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.SWISS View Post
      Treehouse Racing FTMFW. Those guys will break their back getting you swapped if you bought from them or not.
      $415 for a wiring adapter is a little much, BUT when I called them pre purchase they were more than helpful. That is the reason I felt good giving them my money and knew I made made a good choice.
      I bought the wiring adapter and some CABs from Treehouse Racing. They even dropped the price because I bought them together.

Then, after the purchase, they welcomed any questions about the swap.

Easy and friendly. It makes parting with your money so much easier. That is good business.
      E30 Wiki: e30dohc.com/wiki

Comment

Bummer you had bad experiences, I really like them & I didn't mind buying the ORCA & OBD1 conv. disc set, then modifying a few things to suit me better.

I guess once you have bought the discs instead of just asking for free info, they bend over backwards to make your swap happen - I know Dwight has spent a lot of time making the disc what it is, and it's a shame people crap on it, normally because they just don't like the price. If I was Dwight, I'd be a little short with people calling and essentially asking for free info too.

Treehouse & Zionsville are both class acts in my book, it's Ireland that really could use some help in getting on top of customer relations.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

i bought the zionsville mounting kit a few weeks back and my opinion is that it may be overpriced for oem parts, however it took a lot of the guesswork out of sourcing every little part through ebay, online parts warehouses and junkyards. PITA!

exactly like LINUS said... you get the right parts the first time. 'nuff said. i didnt have the time nor did i want to have to deal with several people, and possibly missing or getting incorrect parts.

overall, im pleased with the zionsville kit and id recommend their kit if you had the cash and dont want to deal with the hassle.

just my 2 cents

Comment

I don't think the swap is hard enough to merit the need of the CD. The Wiki page answers alot and if you read the first 10 and lat 15 pages of the DOHC thread it is pretty clear what has to happen. modded 320 bb or ix,e34 throttle cable, 2 e28 pass motor mounts,e36 tranny mounts, e34 oil pan and pick up, wiring adapter. If you had a 5 speed and use the e36 trans that is about it.

If all of us yahoos can do this without it I think anybody can. If anything Zionsville should be furious with this site as it provides better tried and proven
            advice on configurations and products outside of their umbrella. I think they could benifit from taking a page out of the Treehouse book and coming to terms with the fact that this info is not as much of a secret as it was 5-10 years ago.
            Originally posted by 325Projectz
            don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
            :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.SWISS View Post
              I don't think the swap is hard enough to merit the need of the CD. The Wiki page answers alot and if you read the first 10 and lat 15 pages of the DOHC thread it is pretty clear what has to happen. modded 320 bb or ix,e34 throttle cable, 2 e28 pass motor mounts,e36 tranny mounts, e34 oil pan and pick up, wiring adapter. If you had a 5 speed and use the e36 trans that is about it.

If all of us yahoos can do this without it I think anybody can. If anything Zionsville should be furious with this site as it provides better tried and proven
              advice on configurations and products outside of their umbrella. I think they could benifit from taking a page out of the Treehouse book and coming to terms with the fact that this info is not as much of a secret as it was 5-10 years ago.
              I agree with this whole post, especially the last part.

The fact of the matter is there are a lot of different configurations. One size does not fit all. When I ask what type of engine mounts are in the "mounting kit" I want to know if they're e28 m5 mounts or standard e28 mounts. It makes a difference to me. I'm not going to shell out $800 just to find out that the mounts aren't even the ones I want.

Zionsville has a much better business opportunity by catering to the needs of swap guys. I agree completely that it's much easier to order all the parts from one place with a good reputation. Again, I was about to order the mounting kit from them. But what I don't want is a big hassle of going back on forth on why they sent me mounts I don't want and why couldn't they just answer the original questions I had.
              E30 Wiki: e30dohc.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
              X