Intake Gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake Gasket

So anyone done their intake gaskets recently? How lengthy is the project? Any special tools besides an E8 female torx bit?

Thanks.
    sigpic
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Fairly simple but there are no more 46mm gaskets available anymore. I ended up re using my 46mm as i didn't like the way my 48mm mated to the head and the tb's.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I need to do this aswell:( Mine leaks like a sive. I think I'm going to reuse my 46mm's and just get the e34M5 paper gaskets.

buy a few extra torx bolts they are very easy to strip, ect. I was thinking of buying all new ones. For ease of reassembly.
      88 M3
      90 325is
      91 M5

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
        Fairly simple but there are no more 46mm gaskets available anymore. I ended up re using my 46mm as i didn't like the way my 48mm mated to the head and the tb's.
        yea i got lucky and found a new set of the 46mm ones about 2 years ago, you can use the S38 paper gaskets with your stock 46mm rubber blocks, so long as they are in "ok" shape, ie. no cracks

I have a set somewhere, gotta clean the garage out and find some of the stuff

Comment

Can someone confirm that it is infact that E8 is the correct size for the torx bit I need? Want to make sure before I go spend the coin.
          sigpic
          "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

E8 preferably 1/4" drive for easier access.
            Buy at least 2 new fasteners.
            iirc, one of the front lower ones tends to strip because you cannot get a straight shot at it.
            A Dremel with a cutting disc can be handy to slot the stripped fastener for a good sized screwdriver.
            Turner sell a gasket repair kit for the Isolators.

m

Comment

google it

Comment

Originally posted by 7pilot View Post
                E8 preferably 1/4" drive for easier access.
                Buy at least 2 new fasteners.
                iirc, one of the front lower ones tends to strip because you cannot get a straight shot at it.
                A Dremel with a cutting disc can be handy to slot the stripped fastener for a good sized screwdriver.
                Turner sell a gasket repair kit for the Isolators.

m
                what do you fly

Comment

obviously a 7....
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

Silly me, I didn’t realize a key part for S14’s was NLA…
                    For those who are doing this maint, be aware that the proper throttle body “isolators” are NLA for the normal 2.3L with 46mm TB’s. only part available from BMW is the one for the EVO TB’s. these have a bigger opening and do not port match with either the 46mm TB’s nor the head.

While the EVO parts will “work”, the isolator is significant part of the intake track after the injectors. This can’t be as efficient as the smooth transition of the proper isolators. I may put my old ones back on….
                    marshall
                    75 M2
                    87 325
                    97 m3
                    02 325it

Comment

Yea... this has been an issue for a while now. Get the TMS kit they have s38 paper gaskets and rtv. They will repair and reseal your original 46's run them keep the 48's for when you go 2.5L and 48mm TBs.
                      88 M3
                      90 325is
                      91 M5

Comment

Working...
                      X