Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The LSM3

Possibly NSFW...:shock:

Speedhunters is an international collective of photographers, writers & drivers with a shared passion for uncovering the world's most exciting car culture stories.

I must know more about this ATS suspension this car is equipped with!

Comment

Badass
      95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
      Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
      LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Why not just get a 325i and then do the other work...why do they feel it necessary to destroy a piece of history?? I had the same racing stripe on my car 16 yrs ago when it was 'cool'.....

I can respect the work, creativity, and detail that went into it but I can't respect the vehicle itself.
        -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
          Why not just get a 325i and then do the other work...why do they feel it necessary to destroy a piece of history?? I had the same racing stripe on my car 16 yrs ago when it was 'cool'.....

I can respect the work, creativity, and detail that went into it but I can't respect the vehicle itself.
          Becausae the bodywork on a 325 is a hell of a lot more expensive and because you'll never recover that conversion cost. WBSAK is worth a lot on its own on a nice car.

Anyway, if it really bothers you, i doubt they did all that much to the shell.
          2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
          2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
          1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
          1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
          - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
          1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
          1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
          Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

oh wow. I wonder what the interior looks like. I dig the color. Seems they've added custom flared fenders as well, which they could have easily done with a 318/325. Maybe that's what MikeDE is referring to?
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

This is Kevin Byrds personal m3. It was a rust bucket and had been sitting for 6 years. He decided to take on the project rather than scrapping the chassis.

The ENTIRE car has been massaged. If you look closely, even the beltline has been modified to compliment the widened and stretched fenders.

There are no pics that do this thing justice. Kevins fabrication skills are second to none, it's truly a work of art. He did ALL of the work himself except the paint.

The interior isn't finished yet. There's a cage and a racing seat...that's it.

Kevin's a super nice guy, and surprisingly humble for a guy who has done some amazing one offs and fab work for Ford.

I just had to ask him about those ATS coilovers...
              Attached Files
              Suspension tips here...
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                Seems they've added custom flared fenders as well, which they could have easily done with a 318/325. Maybe that's what MikeDE is referring to?
                This^....but whatever. It just hurts, that's all.
                -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Because it is in the nature of car guys - hot rodders - to modify and put their own stink on it. It is an act of creativity, passion, and love.

Car collectors are a different breed who dress up in bow ties and drink champaign while they drive their cars very carefully across pebble beach for restoration honors... It is love too, but the kind that's wrapped behind a glass case.

There are plenty of M3's in the world to avoid hyperventelating over an example modified to the owners taste. They are certainly not under-appreciated cars. So, when they become truly precious, their prices will reflect it and - as a direct result - people will not modify those examples. And... people will take pains to bring modified, destroyed or dilapitaded copies back to life because it will be worth it.

Until then... I, for one, like Byrd's brand of stink on that M3. I think the car is badass. I'd love to have the skill, time and money to go all out like that.
                  1985 M635csi Black on Buffalo
                  1985 535is Zinno on Black
                  1985 M635csi White on Pacific Blue
                  1988 M3 Lachssilber on Black (sold)
                  1987 M3 Zinno on Black (totaled)

Comment

I would roll any day on that thing. has to be fun to drive with the power to weight ratio.:)

Comment

Awesome car. Widening those fenders is very difficult and lengthy process. You have to really love your project to dive into that.

Hot rodders > collectors

Comment

Until I see an AWD LS powered M3, its all the same shit.
                        Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post

How are they ruining it? They are giving it another chance in the spotlight! lol
                          There are plenty of stock e30m3s still in existence.

Comment

i like the simple sheetmetal work in the engine bay...and the wider flares!! each his own,i guess
                            NASA
                            BMWCCA member
                            PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
                            1997 M3 sedan
                            2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

Those CH's... drool!

Comment

Working...
                              X