Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
    Thank you for your service.

Seems that book would be contraband. Did it change your thoughts, reasons for your being there?

You learn of the greats, the Chesty Puller.. but you don't get told of this piece it seems from my reading.

We sponsor a USNA plebe who is USMC option. I am juggling in my mind if I leave a copy in his room to read.
    It probably was. Can't recall exactly how it came into my possession. I don't remember having any anti-military friends at the time.

I wasn't nearly as enlightened/woke/whatever phrase the kids are using nowadays as I am now (or at least as much as I think I am now). I was more of a "Put it right in front of me, and I'll get it done" type of person. Little attention was paid to the process of extrapolating the ideas laid forth in a back of that significance, by a man of that stature, to the situation I may have found myself in.

Even if I had better understood the book and it's primary message, I would most likely have fallen short in any form of implementation. I was simply too focused on doing the absolute best job that I could. The external push to perfect the PFT, (and later CFT), along with competing and winning Marine and NCO of the Quarter boards, and adhering to the Corps core values, left very little time to contemplate ones tiny place in a massive system.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
      It probably was. Can't recall exactly how it came into my possession. I don't remember having any anti-military friends at the time.

I wasn't nearly as enlightened/woke/whatever phrase the kids are using nowadays as I am now (or at least as much as I think I am now). I was more of a "Put it right in front of me, and I'll get it done" type of person. Little attention was paid to the process of extrapolating the ideas laid forth in a back of that significance, by a man of that stature, to the situation I may have found myself in.

Even if I had better understood the book and it's primary message, I would most likely have fallen short in any form of implementation. I was simply too focused on doing the absolute best job that I could. The external push to perfect the PFT, (and later CFT), along with competing and winning Marine and NCO of the Quarter boards, and adhering to the Corps core values, left very little time to contemplate ones tiny place in a massive system.
      Cool. I think the need to do, hustle and bustle is part of the machine's design. Keeps your nose to the grindstone, effectively putting the blinders on.

I can't help but wonder how tightly leashed we are to the things we effectively don't need or want.
      ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Cool. I think the need to do, hustle and bustle is part of the machine's design. Keeps your nose to the grindstone, effectively putting the blinders on.

I can't help but wonder how tightly leashed we are to the things we effectively don't need or want.
        My thoughts exactly. As I reflect I can clearly see this being a form of distraction. An excellent one to boot.

I feel this is a problem for too many people unfortunately. The day to day, making money to pay rent and bills, detracts people from their ability to reconcile life, to talk through daily events to understand them on a deeper level, etc. This quandary can last their entire lifetime.

I am thankful that I have the luxury of time, day in and day out, to talk with the wife for hours every evening. To discuss the potential reasoning behind an employee showing up late, or a tenant and their drama, or a friends comment, and how we can reevaluate the way we behave, respond, and act in future situations of that type.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Those who are foolish enough to believe R vs D vs I ..... Are so caught up in hatred they cannot see beyond their nose.

At the end of the day they are all feasting at the same tables.

I couldn’t agree more with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
          1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
          1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
          1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
          1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
          1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
          Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
          1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
          1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

so here is a real question for Mr. Parker (can i call you that?), massive et al.

Say Trump had hired a firm to do opposition research on Hillary. In order to hide that Trump paid for the research, he laundered money through a law firm that classified the payments as "legal expenses". The law firm then hired a company to dig up dirt on Hillary, and the dirt was sourced from Russian sources.
            The "dirt" was then leaked to the press, was shared with the DOJ and FBI, and was used by the current administration to wiretap a player in the Hillary campaign in order to eavesdrop on Hillary. All along knowing the "dirt" was made up.

Would you all be as outraged as you are about Trump's inability to spell correctly?
            Last edited by gwb72tii; 01-17-2019, 10:07 AM.
            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

i know this will go nowhere, but does anyone think it was justified to send in multiple swat teams to arrest Roger Stone?

As they did Manafort?
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                i know this will go nowhere, but does anyone think it was justified to send in multiple swat teams to arrest Roger Stone?

As they did Manafort?
                It sure has been played up for clicks by both the Right and Left side of the media how early in the morning a dozen FBI agents served Roger Stone a search warrant.

Look, Stone was indicted for 7 counts of Obstruction of Justice, Lying to Congress, and Witness tampering-- including threatening to kill somebody's Dog. So, yeah, Stone got arrested. And, Guess what? He quickly posted his $250,000 bond, because he's rich, and he was free by the end of the day. Poor guy.

And cause he is so connected to the president and Fox News he immediately has a Megaphone to whine about it, over and over and over. Loudly. And you get a chorus of this on the right.
                1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

As they did Manafort?
                  No, it was not justified. They could have asked him to turn himself in, and he would have. You don’t send in a swat style raid for a guy who you know will not only receive a bail, but have the means to post it. It is was an unnecessary risk for both the agents involved and the subject of the arrest.

Now, having said that. If he is guilty of the charges I hope he gets the max sentence. I am sick of politicians and people of connections getting away with shit any of us lowely minions would be prosecuted for, when the govt (fbi) seems to bend over backwards to find ways to excuse politicians of. Yes, I mean Hillary Clinton, Trump, and any other corrupt asshole who is voted into office. Applying the law only to the population will only dived the public and lead to eventual chaos when the crimes being excused become egregious enough.

Comment

Roger Stone was treated with infinitely more respect and kid gloves than most in FBI raids, who don't have infinitely deep pockets and the highest connections. He got off easy.

The outrage over the raid on Roger Stone is garbage and hypocritical. Stone continues to walk around and do whatever he wants in the free world, right now.

Let's compare that and the charges and the circumstances to how the FBI treated Reality Winner just recently. She was the whistleblower Air Force Vet who allegedly leaked (1) page of info that confirmed Russia did actually try to hack into the elections. FBI interrogated her at her home. Arrested her. She was never read her rights. She was offered no bail. She got put in Solitary for a time. Then she got over 5 years in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                      Now, having said that. If he is guilty of the charges I hope he gets the max sentence. I am sick of politicians and people of connections getting away with shit any of us lowely minions would be prosecuted for, when the govt (fbi) seems to bend over backwards to find ways to excuse politicians of. Yes, I mean Hillary Clinton, Trump, and any other corrupt asshole who is voted into office. Applying the law only to the population will only dived the public and lead to eventual chaos when the crimes being excused become egregious enough.
                      this is what I am getting at x1000

we have different classes of justice in this country.

Roger Stone deserves no tears, you gotta be kidding me

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
                        this is what I am getting at x1000

we have different classes of justice in this country.

Roger Stone deserves no tears, you gotta be kidding me
                        Agreed, Roger Stone gets no pity from me.

I am just pointing out you don’t see 5 AM raids for process crimes. The raid was unwarranted, being they damn well knew he would be home in time for dinner. It was all theatrics to give an impression of coming down hard. I’m not fooled. (not implying you are)

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                          Agreed, Roger Stone gets no pity from me.

I am just pointing out you don’t see 5 AM raids for process crimes. The raid was unwarranted, being they damn well knew he would be home in time for dinner. It was all theatrics to give an impression of coming down hard. I’m not fooled. (not implying you are)
                          Right on. Also, I think it got really played up hard in the aftermath.

Another thing is that you have Stone just prior to then talking about taking up arms and a "Civil war in America" if the President gets indicted. Maybe loud public statements like that made the FBI think, ok, let's send over a bunch of guys just in case.

Anyway. He paid his $250k and was out by the afternoon to hit all the airwaves with his opinions. And they get recycled in perpetuity by everybody else. An everyday person, even with much lesser charges, they don't have that kind of luxury.

Comment

He's going to enjoy jail...Let's hope he actually gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                              He's going to enjoy jail...Let's hope he actually gets it.
                              Be careful monder

If the government wanted, you could be charged with any sort of crime you didn’t know you ran afoul of.

And the government has unlimited $ and time to go after you.

Try looking up Mueller’s record of prior prosecutions. Not so good nor neutral
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Be careful monder

If the government wanted, you could be charged with any sort of crime you didn’t know you ran afoul of.

And the government has unlimited $ and time to go after you.
                                You should read "The Trial" by Franz Kafka, if you haven't. You will love it. One of my very favorite novels.

Try looking up Mueller’s record of prior prosecutions. Not so good nor neutral
                                Which ones & why?
                                Last edited by phillipj; 02-11-2019, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X